Room Setup Suggestions

I

Ironman129

Audioholic Intern
I am moving to a new house and am planning my HT room. The room is 11.5' wide by 19' long with 9' ceilings. Facing front, the left wall has a door at 8' and the right wall opens in to the dining room at 102" (8'6"). If I aligned the back of the couch with the door that will give me about 7' from the screen. Here's what I got so far:

Receiver: Yamaha RX-A3000
Amp" Emotiva XPA-3

I am finishing my first pair of DIY speakers, the statement monitors. I plan in placing them 12" from the front and 24" for the side walls. I am planning on getting the samsung 59" D8000 plasma and the Oppo 93 (unless someone has better suggestions for the price).

It will be used 50/50 for music and movies. I am planning on building the 2RCC for the center, and either do sealed statements to replace the monitors for the mains or do another pair of monitors or a 5.2 setup.

For the space that I have to work with will the couch be too close? Would the full statements be too much? Any suggestions for subs? I appreciate any advice.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Plasmas, just shop around and see who has the best price. Depending on your current disc player, the Oppo is incredible. Superb picture quality!

Post up about your Statements build in the DIY Section if you haven't already!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis