Room Layout/Wall Mounting

T

TMack37

Enthusiast
My thanks again to everyone who gave me input on display & receiver selection. Everything's working out pretty well so far, but now I'm trying to arrange all this stuff.

As you can see from the attached pictures, my shiny Panasonic has been stuck sitting on a coffee table with the rest of my electronics for the past few months. I'm considering going one of two routes to get it off the table:

1) Wall mount it. The only problem here is that nice, off-centered window :mad: (Please ignore those nasty shades. They came with the house and are on the way to the dumpster). I was considering mounting it up higher toward the corner and using something like one of Sanus' Full Motion mounts to set it at an angle, but then seating and speaker arrangement might get weird.

2) Free standing pedestal. With a pedestal, I could leave it centered where it is now and wouldn't have to worry about the window.

3) Get a better table. It would still sit on a table, but it wouldn't be a coffee table and I could put the peripherals in some cabinets. Another con here is that my cats would still be able to attack the display. Oh the horror!

Currently, the coaxial from my TV antenna is coming in through the ceiling in the top left corner. It was already wired like that when I moved in, but I'm considering moving it (shouldn't be too much more difficult than wiring the lights I've been putting in elsewhere). Also, the room is just over 10' wide, and runs about 9' 6" from the back wall to the front edge of the couch. I'm trying to solve this for around $300, but I would prefer to do it right if it cost a little more.

Thanks in advance for your input!

Attachments

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis