Energy Act 6
Room Effeciency: 87 db
System type: "Acoustic suspension"

Option 2
----------
Athena Micra 6
Room Effeciency 89 db
System type: 2 way bass reflex

From whatever I have read till now, Acoustic suspension designs yield cleaner more precise sound with a cleaner bass while they compromise on effeciency.
With this in mind, what is the bigger factor when considering speakers, Room effeciency or enclosure type? All other factors equal, what should one compromise on; effeciency or system type.
I intend to use the package for both music and movies.
I am currently running Athena Micra 6 on the Yamaha HTR5760.

T

thecoolguy11

Audioholic Intern
Good receivers for music?

Apologize, incorrectly posted this message on the Amps forum. But I have a related question; I am running Athena Micra 6 with Yamaha HTR 5760. While the system sounds GREAT for movies, its not the cleanest one for music. I've not had a chance (and may not have) demo systems other than the Yamaha 5760 with Athena Micra 6 and the Yamaha RX-V550 with Energy Act6. I am not too sure whtether the unclean sound is a result of small satellite speakers (may not be as the reviewes for the speakers seem to suggest otherwise) or is the receiver not good enough for 2 channel audio. Some user reviewes seem to suggest that the 5760 is bright. Is that true? Is this a common problem with Yamahas? Are there any good choices in receivers that I am missing?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis