RIP panny plasmas...

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I almost got the ZT over the VT. The price difference would have made it a bit difficult. Especially since all the reviews state the the only real difference is dark room viewing. That's what the projector is for. It's being delivered today so I'll post my impressions when I get home.
That was what I could get! I left it late. These TVs are in short supply. Anyhow, I do light and dark viewing.

I'm very happy with this screen at less than 24 hours!

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

I almost got the ZT over the VT. The price difference would have made it a bit difficult. Especially since all the reviews state the the only real difference is dark room viewing. That's what the projector is for. It's being delivered today so I'll post my impressions when I get home.
Make sure you wall mount that TV. The table mounts are totally inadequate and very dangerous. They should never be used under any circumstances.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Make sure you wall mount that TV. The table mounts are totally inadequate and very dangerous. They should never be used under any circumstances.
Not a fan of wall mounting. The stand I'm using is a huge solid piece so that TV isn't going anywhere.

I will say that this thing is awesome. It has skype built in which is really cool for my family to be able to see my daughter more...even though she is only a month old and has no clue.

The other features are cool, but facial recognition is interesting as much as it is creepy. Not sure I'll use that feature. When launching skype a camera pops up at the top of the TV. Neato.

Amazon prime and hulu interfaces suck, but the netflix UI is way better than my Roku. Very nice. I haven't gotten a chance to see how the picture is on it yet. Haven't had time to calibrate it either.

J

jalesi

Junior Audioholic
I just purchased a Panny LED 1080p and I'm of the opinion that my 720p Panny plasma has a far superior picture. I haven't calibrated yet, as I need to get a calibration disc. Having said that, I never calibrated the plasma other than by my eye. I'm hoping that I can work the picture out. I'm in denial and disappointment that plasmas are going the way of the Dodo.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Not a fan of wall mounting. The stand I'm using is a huge solid piece so that TV isn't going anywhere.

I will say that this thing is awesome. It has skype built in which is really cool for my family to be able to see my daughter more...even though she is only a month old and has no clue.

The other features are cool, but facial recognition is interesting as much as it is creepy. Not sure I'll use that feature. When launching skype a camera pops up at the top of the TV. Neato.

Amazon prime and hulu interfaces suck, but the netflix UI is way better than my Roku. Very nice. I haven't gotten a chance to see how the picture is on it yet. Haven't had time to calibrate it either.
May be this wil change your mind.

The American Academy of Pediatrics and the AMA are on record as saying these large screens should always be wall mounted. The stand has a very small footprint. In my view a stand should never be used with children in the house. The same has been stated by Admin on these forums.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Interesting. I would mount it, but we are renting so it isn't an option. The base will be screwed to the cabinet. This isn't a stand BTW, but a large armour that will have the doors shut when not in use. The doors won't open if the screen were to fall forward. Very solid piece of furniture.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Interesting. I would mount it, but we are renting so it isn't an option. The base will be screwed to the cabinet. This isn't a stand BTW, but a large armour that will have the doors shut when not in use. The doors won't open if the screen were to fall forward. Very solid piece of furniture.

That should do the trick. People do need to be alert to this problem.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I agree. Mine is too little right now, but she'll be walking in no time. No chances taken here.

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
i am really choked right now. My mom just got a bonus from work and decided on a new plasma. I instantly said "P60ST60".

now i realized they are impossible to obtain. "Too good to be true" has never been... truer =(

connieflyer

connieflyer

Audioholic
I just got the Panasonic VT 60 and the stand is very substantial. The base is solid metal 12 inches by 22 inches. I tried tipping it forward and it was not going anywhere. But just in case I am having my wife stand next to it for the next couple of hours and hang on to make doubly sure it don't move. After that I am packing my bags and looking for a place to bed down for the night.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I have to say, this is the best display I've ever seen. Better than my PJ (yay, another upgrade). I don't like 3D at all, but Gran Turismo in 3D is pretty cool. Headache inducing, but cool.

T

templemaners

Senior Audioholic
Finally got the one I purchased in early December setup today. Lasted all of about 3 hrs before it went into protection mode. 7 blinking lights. Not good. :( :mad:

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Finally got the one I purchased in early December setup today. Lasted all of about 3 hrs before it went into protection mode. 7 blinking lights. Not good. :( :mad:
That will happen with anything. Failure when an item is new is not uncommon. There are so many devices in modern equipment it is a wonder it does not happen more often. It is a pain, but that is what warranties are for. I would push for a new unit if you can get it. Post back about how Panasonic handle this.

T

templemaners

Senior Audioholic
I sent their customer service department an email late last night. Hope to hear back from them early this week. Will let everyone know how it shakes out.

T

templemaners

Senior Audioholic
I sent their customer service department an email late last night. Hope to hear back from them early this week. Will let everyone know how it shakes out.
Quick update. Talked to someone with Panasonic today. They are sending someone to look at it next Monday. So, back to the 32" LCD for another week...

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I had my old 42" panny do the same thing. Turns out it wasn't getting enough power some how. Used a different outlet and it worked. It also had a strange issue where if a computer was plugged into any HDMI but the front it would go into protection mode. Very strange, but a common issue with that model.

Their support is supposed to be very good. Hopefully it will be.

On another note, after a quick calibration my VT60 is easily the best display I've ever seen. My projector is sad. :)

jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
I haven't calibrated mine yet. I did a quick setup with Spears and Munsil. My ZT60 blows away my older V10.

Jim

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I haven't calibrated mine yet. I did a quick setup with Spears and Munsil. My ZT60 blows away my older V10.

Jim
That's all I did. Looks pretty much perfect. I'm still debating on whether it is worth it to get it and my PJ calibrated. I sure won't be buying any equipment to do it.

Crackerballer

Crackerballer

Senior Audioholic
Probably going to unload my VT30 for a ZT60 in the next week or two.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis