RIP Florence Henderson!

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Learned very early this morning while out Black Friday shopping that Florence Henderson passed away. She is known as the Brady Bunch Mom. Florence, was born in Dale, Indiana and grew up in Owensboro, Kentucky. Both are not far from my hometown. She is a celebrity here at home. Heartfelt condolences goes out to all of her family and friends. May Florence RIP!

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
What-no love for Carol Brady? Heck, I thought that she was everyone's MOM back in the day. Another show I grew up watching. That is two to pass away that are merely from my hometown. May Florence and Ron both RIP!

Cheers,

Phil

Grassy

Grassy

Full Audioholic
Yep I loved the Brady bunch too and my kids grew up on it here in Australia.Florence Henderson played the part so well as did all of the bunch.It was a lot better watching tv back then in Australia than it is now.I still have all the episodes on DVD and will put one on every now and then just to get transported back in time to the days when you could come home to 2 parents.Tv now is all about singing an cooking competitions in this country.After a while you get tired of it.R I P Florence,she was a part of my life and still is today.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
What-no love for Carol Brady? Heck, I thought that she was everyone's MOM back in the day. Another show I grew up watching. That is two to pass away that are merely from my hometown. May Florence and Ron both RIP!

Cheers,

Phil
I've never seen the show!

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Yep I loved the Brady bunch too and my kids grew up on it here in Australia.Florence Henderson played the part so well as did all of the bunch.It was a lot better watching tv back then in Australia than it is now.I still have all the episodes on DVD and will put one on every now and then just to get transported back in time to the days when you could come home to 2 parents.Tv now is all about singing an cooking competitions in this country.After a while you get tired of it.R I P Florence,she was a part of my life and still is today.
Yeah, it was a very good show. I watched it every single day once I got home from school. Those were the days. I still see it on from time to time. However, did not know it was being shown in Australia! That is awesome! Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I've never seen the show!
Wow Phillip! Not sure how old you are, but it has been around a long time. Being that Florence Henderson is from my neck of the woods, the show was a BIG deal here locally. She was, and still is, a big time celebrity. I still remember the ole " Marsha Marsha Marsha"........LOL!!!!!

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
RIP Florence- one of the good ones.

Those of us who were born in the '50s probably remember this as the TV family from our childhood but being a year older than Marsha, well, giggity.

http://www.imdb.com/videoplayer/vi2143355161?ref_=tt_pv_vi_aiv_1
Was born in the late 60's and remember it very well. I remember the episode where Marsha gets hit on the nose with a football........it was hilarious! Lots of memories for sure. I still see it on from time to time.

Cheers,

Phil

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Wow Phillip! Not sure how old you are, but it has been around a long time. Being that Florence Henderson is from my neck of the woods, the show was a BIG deal here locally. She was, and still is, a big time celebrity. I still remember the ole " Marsha Marsha Marsha"........LOL!!!!!

Cheers,

Phil
Very recently turned 31. Reruns were probably available when I was growing up but I never watched much TV anyway :)

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Very recently turned 31. Reruns were probably available when I was growing up but I never watched much TV anyway :)
I see. Growing up in the late 80's/early 90's may also explain some of it. Not too sure how much the show was being televised nationally then. I do know here locally it still was given that Florence is from my area. Actually, there are a lot of famous people from my neck of the woods. Too bad, I am not one of them.....LOL!!!! :D:D:D

Cheers,

Phil

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis