RG-6 and RCA Crimp Connectors??

Bryce_H

Bryce_H

Senior Audioholic
Hola,
I have run spare RG-6 through the walls of my dedicated HT in the basement. I don't seems to be terminating them correctly with an RCA connector. I am using tools and connectors from part$express. The crimping tool is part number 360-046 and I'm using the RCA attachment. The connectors are 092-498. I am wondering if I am preparing the cable correctly. i.e. do I need a certain length of the center connector exposed or do I just cut the cable straight. I tried straight but my sub is not receiving a signal. Anybody know the process of how to do this. The part$express site only discusses F-type connectors. I have one of the tools that prepares cable for an F-type connector. I typed preping the cable using this tool but the connector then doesn't stay on (I think the cable ends up too skinny). Any info is appreciated. Thanks.

AverageJoe

AverageJoe

Full Audioholic
The prep for a RCA compression connector should be the same as for an F-connector. Typically 1/4" center conductor exposed and 1/4" dialectric and braid exposed (on some connectors it's 5/16" for each cut). The RCA connectors are a bit more critical for center conductor length, since you can't cut off excess if it's too long, and it doesn't make contact if it's too short.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis