RF Remote control suggestions

I

icu4biz

Enthusiast
I am looking for the best and most reliable RF universal remote control for my dedicated home theater

I do not want to make the same mistake I made with my smaller theater in the family room. I currently have the Harmony 900, which has caused a great deal of frustration.

My equipment rack is over 70' away from the new dedicated theater (non line of site). NOTE: I am using an HDMI balun connected using cat 5e. This unit has an RF feature.

Thanks!

Integra Pre Amp DHC 80.3
Integra Amp DHC 70.1 (on back order)

Speakers (7.2 setup):
Mains: RBH SX-T2/R
Center: RBH SX6100C/R
Side surround: RBH SI 744 di pole in-wall
Back surround: RBH MC815L in-ceiling

Epson Powerlite 5010 projector
Elite 100" diag screen
Sony Blue Ray player
Direct TV hi def DVR
Xbox 360

Lots of acoustical treatments

Looking for 2 rows of 8 theater seats. Next thread...

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Imo with such capable equipment you already own - you should look for local URC dealer/installer and ask about MX-980 and MSC-400 and be prepared for the sticker shock :rolleyes:

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I say get the Sony S tablet with the awesome programmable RF UR plus the Android remotes. Plus you can surf the web, play games, check emails, and do many PC functions that no Harmony remote can do. Cost is $369.

Amazon.com: Sony SGPT111US/S Wi-Fi Tablet (16GB): Computers & Accessories

Integra Pre Amp DHC 80.3 - Android or RF
Epson Powerlite 5010 projector - RF
Sony Blue Ray player - Android or RF
Direct TV - Android or RF
Xbox 360 - RF

I

icu4biz

Enthusiast
I like the suggestion of the MX-980 and MSC-400. They are expensive but not nearly as pricey as what my local guy recommends: Elan HR2 remote and Elan HC4 processor for $1800 plus 3 hrs of programming at $95/hr. Any thoughts on the Elan vs the universal remote MX-980 and MSC-400?

spyder152

spyder152

Audioholic Intern
So... are you going to sell your harmony 900? I am interested if the price is right.

T

therick83

Audiophyte
Logitech is so easy to use for me. I'm in to hear more about this purchase and functionality.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
I always use the URC MX-850 and combine it with a Crestron RF control system. About $400 as b-stock and then 4 hours to set it up and program it... So, about $720 for a incredibly rock solid control system. Still, most people forget to run extra cat-5 for control to their projector which really helps.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis