Review: Sentey H10 Bluetooth Headphones

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I don't often link to my reviews on Amazon, but I wanted to share my thoughts on a set of Bluetooth headphones from Sentey because I thought some of you might be interested. IMO, they knocked this one out of the park.

Here is the product page on Amazon, and below is a copy of my review. The price went up about $8 since I reviewed it, but I still think that they are a good deal.

----------

5 Stars: Enormously comfortable with excellent audio and almost unnoticeable Bluetooth hiss

I've used other Sentey products, including other Bluetooth products - some hits, some misses. This is a HUGE hit, IMO. One of their other Bluetooth audio products had a very noticeable and annoying buzz/whine whenever the Bluetooth receiver was active. This H10 headset has absolutely none of that - it has a very faint hiss from the internal amp if you use Bluetooth, but I'm very sensitive to that sort of thing and am not bothered by it on this at all.

Upon unpacking these, I was concerned about the small-ish size of the ear cup openings because I thought that they'd prove to be uncomfortable after a while. At least on my ears, I'm happy to say that is not the case. I've worn these several times while gaming online with my brother for well over an hour each time, and my ears have never gotten even remotely sore/warm/uncomfortable. The padding on the ear cups and the head band is very well done and thick. Being follicly challenged, some head bands hurt my head, but these are perfect.

Adjustments are what you'd expect with both ear cups being extendable to make the headphones fit larger heads. Unlike some other models, the ear cups are in ball-and-socket joints to allow them to swivel around and give you a better alignment with your ears when you put them on - and that's awesome.

I've been very pleased with the audio quality on these. I don't use the built-in mic and can't speak much to that outside of my brother telling me that it sounded "okay" (which means not great, but not horrible) when I tried it out with him online. The audio quality of the headphones, though, is really good. Music and videos sound correct, my brother's voice sounds natural when we play online, and gaming sounds are exactly what I expect.

As I mentioned, there is just the slightest hiss when the internal amp is powered up in Bluetooth mode. If you use a wired connection, though, you don't have that - and this comes with a 3.5mm audio cord. I love that this has an auxiliary input jack. That's not unique, but there are plenty of headphones that don't have that option, so it's great to see it on these.

Build quality is very good. While the outside surfaces are plastic, they are well done and don't feel flimsy. Again, the padding is very nicely done and feels like other quality headsets. I've used my share of cheap-o headphones in the past, and these aren't anywhere near that category. Everything is just nicely made and assembled.

At the current $40 price for these, I have no reservations in recommending them. There are other nice headphones out there, so certainly do your shopping, but these have become my go-to headphones when playing online due to their combination of comfort, sound quality, and wireless convenience.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis