Review: RBH Impression I-12 Subwoofer

DM.SOUNDS!

DM.SOUNDS!

Enthusiast
New Review: RBH IMPRESSION SERIES I-12 SUBWOOFER ; !!!“GODZILLA in a TUX”!!!
SMOOTH AS SILK… or MONSTER BEAT! , (and depending on the media source)
EVERTHING IN BETWEEN!

In other words VERSATILITY AT ITS FINAST, and isn’t that what’s most desired from a Subwoofer.
Much to my listening pleasure, I’ve recently added the RBH I-12 350Watt powered sub to my old school 2ch stereo system featuring twin RBH E55TI TOWERS powered by an HK3450 stereo receiver with dedicated subwoofer outputs.

I’m not going to talk about the high quality technical aspects of this sub here, (ILL LEAVE THAT TO THE AUDIOPHILE EXPERTS AT ‘AUDIOHOLICS’), instead I’ll give you my personal seat of the pants feel listening experience!

In addition to the fully controllable 350w built in amp, the sub also offers (3) three rear ports with the option to dampen all three or none to achieve desired extension using the provided port plugs. (FYI, since this listening room is only 16X18X10, I opted to plug all 3ports to reduce extension and tighten the bass) but You can configure the port openings to your specific room/system needs!)
Awesome Versatility? YES!

The dynamic RBH proprietary 12” aluminum speaker is housed in a massive but beautifully finished enclosure you see pictured below.

And the sound!: Full Round embracing sound with Jazz, Dynamic definitive reproduction with Rock, Pounding thump with Hip-hop/R&B, in addition to, Exhilarating bass during low frequency movie passages. Awesome Versatility? YES!

ALL IN ALL THIS IS BIG BOX SOPHISTICTION IN A WELL BEHAVED MONSTER!
(In my view, at only $499, this is a Best Buy!)

Additionally, I have a 5.1 surround sound system in my main home theatre room using 2 RBH 10”subs along with 5 of their Marvelous sounding Satellite speakers (inc. 2RBH outdoor patio speakers)…
all the BEST!!!

My opinion, do yourself a favor, LOOK INTO RBH FOR ALL YOUR SPEAKER NEEDS.
I’m sure glad I did!!

(FYI; MY OBSESSION WITH MUSIC/GREAT BASS SOUND STEMS FROM MY TEENAGE YEARS GROWING UP IN N.Y.CITY, ATTENDING CLASSIC ROCK CONCERTS IN THE FABLED MUSIC VENUES THERE, circa 1970, SUCH AS THE FILLMORE EAST AND THE ACADEMY OF MUSIC ETC. AND FEELING THE THUNDEROUS BASS PRODUCED BY THE GREAT ROCK BANDS OF THAT PERIOD. AFTER THAT ERA I THEN PHASED INTO JAZZ FUSION AND THEN CLASSIC JAZZ UNTIL NOW IM A CRITICAL LISTENER OF ALL...)

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Nice review, but writing it in center alignment makes it look like an ad brochure. I would love to measure one of these subs sometime to see what they can do. Good on RBH for willing to use an enclosure size that is needed for a sub of this type. Most of these manufacturers choose to go with small enclosures at the expense of performance.

DM.SOUNDS!

DM.SOUNDS!

Enthusiast
thanks for the positive feedback Shady, (n I agree wit u bout the center align!)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis