Revel performa 3 206 and Sonus Faber Chameleon T

O

Opticdraft

Audiophyte
Hey Everyone!

I heard the Revel's for the first time yesterday and I was blown away by how accurate and smooth they were. I would like to save up and eventually buy a pair... I also really liked the Sonus Faber but it was not quite as good as the Revel.

Question is, would these speakers do okay with a 30 watt per channel tube amp? Or would they distort out with that power?

If so, can you suggest some other good amps to go with these? Thanks!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
That would depend on how loud you want, the amp will do fine until it won't :). There's a wide variety of amps out there but if you want tube amps I have no idea, no use for such myself. Do you need a power amp or are you looking for an integrated amp? Just 2ch?

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
These speakers will do just fine with 30 watts. The only problem is if you crank the volume, you can drive the amplifier into clipping and that would sound bad. If you like it loud, get a more powerful amplifier.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Hey Everyone!

I heard the Revel's for the first time yesterday and I was blown away by how accurate and smooth they were. I would like to save up and eventually buy a pair... I also really liked the Sonus Faber but it was not quite as good as the Revel.

Question is, would these speakers do okay with a 30 watt per channel tube amp? Or would they distort out with that power?

It depends on your listening distance, how loud you listen, and your room dimensions. For example, in a small room, sitting from 2m, listening to 75dB average, the answer would be yes, any conditions more demanding than that, no.

Last edited:
A

Audiot

Audioholic Intern
Revel recommends between 50 and 200 watts for the F206. I would want something as close to the 200 watt figure as possible since Revels are robust and can play at satisfying levels when properly juiced.

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
Hey Everyone!

More power.

I'm saying that w/o knowing your listening tastes, or really much about your 30w tube amp, but I've heard the 206 and 208. Those speakers do sound good, but in my demo they were powered with a 200w parasound amp and they really impressed in the 55-60db+ range.

Even if that's not the norm for you there may be times when you want to crank it a little and we all know clipping can kill.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis