Resident Evil: The Final Chapter (Quick Review)

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
If you are the type of individual who bases their movie selection by Rotten Tomatoes, you can stop reading this now, this move is not for you :p

For me this series has been hit or miss at the movies similar to Underworld, though most of those were terrible after the first two. I will say that I walked away enjoying this one.

Paul W.S. Anderson (Director) made this move for the fans and he knows his audience. They want to see a lot of action, and this movie delivers that is spades. They will see long legged Milla Jovovich hotness kicking zombie ass and the T-Virus enhanced. It is good that this movie never really slows down for long.

In this limited, mindless, formula the movie works very well. She is still hot, she can still perform excellent fight scenes, and has grown more into the character. Iain Glen is back, and it was weird to see him out of his Game of Thrones character, he is given more to do in this film. Wesker is also back, but in a limited role, and Ali Larter is back as well.

You won't need a high IQ to understand the plot, but I really like the fact that they bring the series back full circle to where it all started, they tie up a lot of loose ends. I only paid $4.50 for my ticket for an Saturday AM show, and it was worth the price of admission.

The soundtrack was interesting too, it was almost Tron 2 like, and fit the movie well. I would rank this the 2nd best out of the series mainly because this one loses the humor of the first movie.

Definitely worth a rental, and for fans of the series, worth the price of a ticket.

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
Would like to see that movie but so far I cant see it listed on local theaters site.. Might have to wait for blu-ray.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I liked every RE movie, except the last one, which I thought was long & boring.

Hopefully this final chapter goes back to being like the other movies prior.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I felt the second one and the last one were the weakest, but they were mostly all still fun.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I liked every RE movie, except the last one, which I thought was long & boring.

Hopefully this final chapter goes back to being like the other movies prior.

It is non stop action, missing Jill Valentine in this one along with the Arabian actor.

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
Would like to see that movie but so far I cant see it listed on local theaters site.. Might have to wait for blu-ray.
I just found out this title won't come to theaters here at all. So have to wait for blu-ray release..

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Finally saw this movie. Didn't seem like the "final" chapter to me at the end.

Overall I enjoyed this movie. Aside from some plot holes, I liked it a lot. :D

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I thought it was pretty good, not as good as the first, but better than the others. I also agree with ADTG, seemed like they left it open for another movie if they wanted to. The PQ was good, and the audio was loud and in your face. I'll likely be watching this one again.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis