repairing headphone ears

F

Funkanaut

Audiophyte
Hey guys! As you can see, I'm new here, and have a question reguarding the repair of my Grado SR-60's.

See, the left side ear came out of the headrest. The socket that's holding the earpad to the headrest is where it's no longer fastened...I can reconnect the the bottom of the headrest and the piece of plastic with the "L" on it easily, but it does not stay.

My question is: How would I go about reattaching the headrest and the earmuff? the hole is in the plastic piece connecting the muff and headpiece, and it seems that I'd need some sort of glue or solvent...but I'm not sure, really. I don't think taping would keep it on for good...I doubt this is covered under grado's warranty...even though it's still under warranty.

I can post pics if needed, guys.

M

mustang_steve

Senior Audioholic
Try to warranty it first.

My SR-125 has this problem, as well as the cable jacketing going tough as a rock on me.

Mine is out of warranty though, so I'm just going to disassemble them and mod them a bit for the heck of it....also going to look for some cable I like to make a new cord out of.

I'm assuming the earcup is still attatched to the plastic piece with the "L" on it, and the L piece separated from the metal headband....so if that's not the case, ignore what's below.

I'd say to try superglue at first.apply some around the headband metal that will meet with the top of the "L" piece, and slide it in, and see how it holds once it sets.

F

Funkanaut

Audiophyte
Thanks for the reply, I'll try to get em' to send me a new pair, and if that doesn't work out, I'll try some glue.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis