Remove volume limit on Airplay on Denon 4520?

J

jnboone

Junior Audioholic
I can't get the volume to go past 75 when using Airplay. It's the only thing that seems to have that volume limit. Can it be changed???

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I can't get the volume to go past 75 when using Airplay. It's the only thing that seems to have that volume limit. Can it be changed???
The manual is 227 pages long! According to that airplay volume is set by the Apple sending device.

In playback using the AirPlay function, the sound is output at the
iPhone, iPod touch, iPad or iTunes volume setting level.
You should turn down the iPhone, iPod touch, iPad or iTunes volume
prior to playback and then adjust it to a suitable level.

So I suspect your problem is due to limiting, by having the sending device volume at an inappropriate level. As I understand it the Denon and sending device volumes are operative.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
On all my Denon, I set the Music volume on my iPad itself to 100%.

J

jnboone

Junior Audioholic
In the Apple Remote app the only volume control I have is the slide bar. Using that or the volume on the Denon remote changes the volume of the receiver. I have set all volume limits I can find anywhere to off. Still can't get volume past 75. It's driving me CRAZY:confused:

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
In the Apple Remote app the only volume control I have is the slide bar. Using that or the volume on the Denon remote changes the volume of the receiver. I have set all volume limits I can find anywhere to off. Still can't get volume past 75. It's driving me CRAZY:confused:
For listening to music, I don't use the Apple Remote app at all. I just use the default Apple Music app, which I set the volume to 100%. In the Music app, I set AirPlay to my Denon AVR. For volume control, I use my Denon AVR master volume (my iOS Denon Remote app).

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis