Remove me from this site

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions & Feedback' started by Jeffrey S. Albaugh, Jan 25, 2017.

1. slipperybidness Audioholic Ninja

slipperybidness
    Yeah, but the real problem is that the ignorance will fester and spread!

When a newbie that doesn't know better comes along and believes the nonsense from a member like that, then it is worse than no advice at all.
  2. panteragstk Audioholic Chief

panteragstk
    I will say that I've seen some nasty replies lately that aren't related to this guy, but surprised me considering who they were from.

I think when we see nonsense on these forums we are quick to judge the OP or question asker as a moron or troll. Sometimes that are just misinformed and need guidance. A quick "gee what a dipshit" response could chase away a potentially good member. Maybe not a knowledgeable one, but at least a decent person that will learn and grow as I have on this forum. Just don't want us to become one of "those" sites. I like it hear so much because of how awesome the vast majority of the members are.

My $.02
    • Agree Agree x 3
  3. Pogre Senior Audioholic

Pogre
    I've seen it happen a few times. Some guys just plain don't know and they're slagged off on like they're the enemy. Some folks just need to learn (sometimes un-learn first like myself), and a few could end up being good contributors.

The above doesn't necessarily reflect my opinion of the op. Just my .02 also.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. panteragstk Audioholic Chief

panteragstk
    No, the OP of this thread was...dense to say the least.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. j_garcia Audioholic Jedi

j_garcia
    Sometimes the new person doesn't even know what they're asking or really need. On the other side, it is easier to fire off a negative response than to try to find out what the real question is, which is why I usually try to find out what they're doing first. Sometimes though, as in this particular OP's case, you can lead a horse to water many, MANY times and still not get it to drink.
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. William Lemmerhirt Audioholic

William Lemmerhirt
    Yep. Then it must be drowned...at least in the OP's case.
    It's very hard on a text based medium. Dealing with people in person is so much easier. Sometimes... lol
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. panteragstk Audioholic Chief

panteragstk
    Which is why I've been asking for a sarcasm font for years. A universal one to clear up confusion. ;)
  8. William Lemmerhirt Audioholic

William Lemmerhirt
    This would be fun. Maybe have look like kid scribbles.
  9. shadyJ Audioholic Ninja

shadyJ
    The problem with that is if you have to indicate you are being sarcastic, it takes away the bite, and there is not even a point in being sarcastic anymore. Some kinds of humor like sarcasm depend on a chance that it will fool someone, even if the chance is remote.