Remove me from this site

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Honestly though, if a poster is being unreachable, it would be likewise prudent to stop offering help. Don't feed it, and it will not grow, and all that.

On the bright side, I am glad you all managed to get through my seeming stubbornness or ignorance at times. I'm not great at internet forums and am probably leaning towards non-sequitur with my replies, more often than not. I'm just used to a bit more casualness with things recreational.
Yeah, but the real problem is that the ignorance will fester and spread!

When a newbie that doesn't know better comes along and believes the nonsense from a member like that, then it is worse than no advice at all.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I will say that I've seen some nasty replies lately that aren't related to this guy, but surprised me considering who they were from.

I think when we see nonsense on these forums we are quick to judge the OP or question asker as a moron or troll. Sometimes that are just misinformed and need guidance. A quick "gee what a dipshit" response could chase away a potentially good member. Maybe not a knowledgeable one, but at least a decent person that will learn and grow as I have on this forum. Just don't want us to become one of "those" sites. I like it hear so much because of how awesome the vast majority of the members are.

My $.02

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I will say that I've seen some nasty replies lately that aren't related to this guy, but surprised me considering who they were from.

I think when we see nonsense on these forums we are quick to judge the OP or question asker as a moron or troll. Sometimes that are just misinformed and need guidance. A quick "gee what a dipshit" response could chase away a potentially good member. Maybe not a knowledgeable one, but at least a decent person that will learn and grow as I have on this forum. Just don't want us to become one of "those" sites. I like it hear so much because of how awesome the vast majority of the members are.

My $.02
I've seen it happen a few times. Some guys just plain don't know and they're slagged off on like they're the enemy. Some folks just need to learn (sometimes un-learn first like myself), and a few could end up being good contributors.

The above doesn't necessarily reflect my opinion of the op. Just my .02 also.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I've seen it happen a few times. Some guys just plain don't know and they're slagged off on like they're the enemy. Some folks just need to learn (sometimes un-learn first like myself), and a few could end up being good contributors.

The above doesn't necessarily reflect my opinion of the op. Just my .02 also.
No, the OP of this thread was...dense to say the least.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi

My $.02
Sometimes the new person doesn't even know what they're asking or really need. On the other side, it is easier to fire off a negative response than to try to find out what the real question is, which is why I usually try to find out what they're doing first. Sometimes though, as in this particular OP's case, you can lead a horse to water many, MANY times and still not get it to drink.

Last edited:
William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Sometimes the new person doesn't even know what they're asking or are really need. On the other side, it is easier to fire off a negative response than to try to find out what the real question is, which is why I usually try to find out what they're doing first. Sometimes though, as in this particular OP's case, you can lead a horse to water many, MANY times and still not get it to drink.
Yep. Then it must be drowned...at least in the OP's case.
It's very hard on a text based medium. Dealing with people in person is so much easier. Sometimes... lol

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Yep. Then it must be drowned...at least in the OP's case.
It's very hard on a text based medium. Dealing with people in person is so much easier. Sometimes... lol
Which is why I've been asking for a sarcasm font for years. A universal one to clear up confusion. ;)

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Which is why I've been asking for a sarcasm font for years. A universal one to clear up confusion. ;)
The problem with that is if you have to indicate you are being sarcastic, it takes away the bite, and there is not even a point in being sarcastic anymore. Some kinds of humor like sarcasm depend on a chance that it will fool someone, even if the chance is remote.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis