Remove me from this site

J

Jeffrey S. Albaugh

Audioholic
Please remove me from this site. I am unhappoy here and many of the people here are downright nasty. Thank you. Goodbye! Advise me accordingly.

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
I called him an asshole.
You called him an asshole in November. Its almost February. That thread was unpleasant from the get go.

I read a number of his posts and the discussions that followed. I could not find one post that was complimentary to his initial idea, or that seemed to go smoothly. He could be correct that he wasn't having any fun on AH. The posts I looked at from him didn't seem like much fun.

I have been on the forum about the same amount of time. I have been enjoying most of the posts and the discussions that follow. Not all of them mind you, but the overwhelming majority. I don't know what the formula for success on AH is. There are a lot of opinions that are dearly held in this hobby it would appear. There are also a lot of folks that "lack da social skills" (Waterboy, 1998).

Finding a way to ask questions isn't too hard for a newb. Finding a way to contribute and author posts or put forward ideas is a lot trickier than one might think. I am gratified at the depth of the responses I have received when I ask a question. I am sometimes mortified by the grief you can get for posting an opinion, idea or tidbit that runs just the least bit counter to an experts opinion.

I can't say whether the OP was ever meant to be on AH. AH attracts and holds a certain type of viewpoint.
There are plenty of forums that are almost "content free", and mostly consistent of opinion, hyperbole and adjectives. Some folks may just enjoy that approach better.

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
I was under the impression Audioholics was a place to discuss AUDIO & VIDEO gear. Trump gets elected and people go batshit. This is not the place to go batshit. Discuss and help regarding A/V or shut up. :p Go to Facebook or Twitter for the batshit stuff.

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
I was under the impression Audioholics was a place to discuss AUDIO & VIDEO gear. Trump gets elected and people go batshit. This is not the place to go batshit. Discuss and help regarding A/V or shut up. :p Go to Facebook or Twitter for the batshit stuff.
I don't know how Trump made it in to your post, but, amen to being helpful on A/V.
Its the helpful stuff I hang around for.
If I want grief (or politics) I know plenty of venues for that.:p

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
EVERY forum will tend to have a certain level of
You called him an asshole in November. Its almost February. That thread was unpleasant from the get go.

I read a number of his posts and the discussions that followed. I could not find one post that was complimentary to his initial idea, or that seemed to go smoothly. He could be correct that he wasn't having any fun on AH. The posts I looked at from him didn't seem like much fun.

I have been on the forum about the same amount of time. I have been enjoying most of the posts and the discussions that follow. Not all of them mind you, but the overwhelming majority. I don't know what the formula for success on AH is. There are a lot of opinions that are dearly held in this hobby it would appear. There are also a lot of folks that "lack da social skills" (Waterboy, 1998).

Finding a way to ask questions isn't too hard for a newb. Finding a way to contribute and author posts or put forward ideas is a lot trickier than one might think. I am gratified at the depth of the responses I have received when I ask a question. I am sometimes mortified by the grief you can get for posting an opinion, idea or tidbit that runs just the least bit counter to an experts opinion.

I can't say whether the OP was ever meant to be on AH. AH attracts and holds a certain type of viewpoint.
There are plenty of forums that are almost "content free", and mostly consistent of opinion, hyperbole and adjectives. Some folks may just enjoy that approach better.
EVERY single forum I have been on has a certain level of this. People who see eye to eye frequent and those who do not will not find comfort there. It is how people are. Having an opinion isn't an issue. Presenting it in such a way that you elicit the right reaction from others is the trick, as you've noted. Yes, that is a social skill, especially on a forum. You can disagree and present your opposing position without being a jerk or getting offended to the point where it devolves into weenie wagging. There are things we don't all agree on here, but those who tend to frequent this site are usually able to get along despite that.

The OP of this thread has been abrasive since day one. That usually doesn't lead to good things.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
EVERY forum will tend to have a certain level of

EVERY single forum I have been on has a certain level of this. People who see eye to eye frequent and those who do not will not find comfort there. It is how people are. Having an opinion isn't an issue. Presenting it in such a way that you elicit the right reaction from others is the trick, as you've noted. Yes, that is a social skill, especially on a forum. You can disagree and present your opposing position without being a jerk or getting offended to the point where it devolves into weenie wagging. There are things we don't all agree on here, but those who tend to frequent this site are usually able to get along despite that.

The OP of this thread has been abrasive since day one. That usually doesn't lead to good things.
Well said. I agree. Iirc, his first couple of posts were chest pounding about how awesome his gear is and the extensive collection of concert blu-rays. I wrote him off almost immediately when I read his comment(paraphrased) saying if your sound system is from wal-mart leave now. Skisix nailed him correctly. Later...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
I would agree with all of your observations.
That last part is an important one.
The OP never seemingly tried to be neutral or agreeable.
It seemed he was always throwing verbal jabs.
There may be a time and place for being abrasive. It's not usually when you are new in a forum.
Be well. I enjoy your posts. :)

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Please remove me from this site. I am unhappoy here and many of the people here are downright nasty. Thank you. Goodbye! Advise me accordingly.
I have had minimal interaction with you Jeffrey.

I have reviewed your posts.

My observations are that you are not highly schooled in science. However you hold position that members can show are demonstrable false. Yet you seem to stubbornly hold these views.

I would have to say that you seem like the type that if you were one of my medical students or residents, you would be on my list for special grilling and would be watched very closely in your patient care.

I guess the bottom line is that you seem hard to educate even with polite redirection.

We have lost some long time members here lately which is a shame. However I would say you are on the problem side of the line, and it probably best for all concerned if you stop posting here.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord

His real downfall is that he could not seem to grasp the difference between a resolution vs a technology.

Multiple members tried to educate him that the was not using the correct terms and that he was looking like a fool due to that. But, he refused to learn from people that were trying to help him, and just kept spitting out rubbish.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I could never understand why someone would make a post requesting to be removed from a forum. Just don't log in or go to the site any more. I s'pose that's not quite as dramatic though...

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
I could never understand why someone would make a post requesting to be removed from a forum. Just don't log in or go to the site any more. I s'pose that's not quite as dramatic though...
you mean certain people love drama? I am stunned. Shocked, really.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
you mean certain people love drama? I am stunned. Shocked, really.
You probably have a wife........I'm sure you are shocked by this.

I tell my GF to get it all out on watching drama movies, not my thing.

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
You probably have a wife........I'm sure you are shocked by this.
I tell my GF to get it all out on watching drama movies, not my thing.
I have a beloved wife of nearly 40 years. There's something in the femaie DNA that's different from the male DNA. That's a safe thing to say. Where it gets treacherous is when you try and define that difference.

I shall not try and define the difference. I shall just enjoy it. Drama free. :)

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
I have a beloved wife of nearly 40 years. There's something in the femaie DNA that's different from the male DNA. That's a safe thing to say. Where it gets treacherous is when you try and define that difference.

I shall not try and define the difference. I shall just enjoy it. Drama free. :)
This guy defines it pretty successfully:

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
This guy defines it pretty successfully:

rojo
Clint Eastwood. "a man's got to know his limitations".

I know mine. I will leave the explanation of the female view of the world to professionals and fools.
And the occasional entertainer. I have seen this guy speak before. He's really good. I enjoyed him.
I don't know whether I will share him with my wife or not. :p

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
rojo
Clint Eastwood. "a man's got to know his limitations".

I know mine. I will leave the explanation of the female view of the world to professionals and fools.
And the occasional entertainer. I have seen this guy speak before. He's really good. I enjoyed him.
I don't know whether I will share him with my wife or not. :p
I'm gonna. I've heard that many times, but never the whole thing.

Good find rojo

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
Honestly though, if a poster is being unreachable, it would be likewise prudent to stop offering help. Don't feed it, and it will not grow, and all that.

On the bright side, I am glad you all managed to get through my seeming stubbornness or ignorance at times. I'm not great at internet forums and am probably leaning towards non-sequitur with my replies, more often than not. I'm just used to a bit more casualness with things recreational.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis