S

syphon7

Audiophyte
Hey all. I have just started to build a system for myself. I am on a pretty strict budget since I am in college, but recently bought a pair of Klipsch K-2's and a yamaha RX-V361. It does more than enough for me, and I am quite happy with what I got for around 500 bucks. However, the damned remote for the reciever stopped working. I was fine for the first few days, and then all of a sudden it only works when I am within a foot or so of the receiver. Is there anything I can do to reset it, or do I just have to return the receiver? Oh, I have replaced the batteries, and cleaned the front of the reciever, right by the IR port. Thanks for any help!

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
The receiver manual might list a reset procedure but it's doubtful it will do anything other than reset to the factory defaults. If there is a problem with the emitter on the remote or the IR eye on the receiver, resetting the remote won't solve the problem.

Is the receiver under warranty? You could try getting a replacement remote under warranty.

It's entirely possible that the remote is just a piece of junk. I had the same issue with the remote for my Onkyo dvd player - wouldn't work at all unless you were right up in front of the player. My universal works fine from 50' away so the problem was definitely with the remote.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
If you have components like a DVD player, CD player, etc., it would behoove you to get a universal remote anyway. I LOVE my Harmony 880. I only use the factory remotes when I have to do something really specific.

(Did I really just say behoove?)

S

syphon7

Audiophyte
Yea I might just send the remote in for a replacement. I have an el cheapo universal atm, I wish I could afford an 880 though :p. First, I think I'll try the reset. Thanks guys.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis