N

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>I need to replace my receiver and I'm looking at the typical Yahmaha, Onkyo, maybe even Pioneer. My current receiver acts as the control center for CD, DVD, DSS, VCR, etc.

But here's my issue: I travel alot. And my wife, 3-year old son, babysitter, and the occasional in-law do a wonderful job of messing up all the settings while I'm gone. Basically, they can't figure out how to work the damned thing, so they press every button on every device. To their surprise, this doesn't help. And I get late night &quot;tech support&quot; calls at my hotel room and I'm somehow expected to back-out what they did.

So, sound and features aside, I'm looking for a decent receiver (say, $300-500) that has an easy remote that even my mother-in-law can use.

We really only need channel, volume, VCR controls, and MOST IMPORTANTLY, device switching. (If you want to watch a DVD, press DVD, insert a disc, press play, adjust volume.)

Now, all of the remotes I've looked at have these functions, but they also have a lot more. That's what concerns me---there are too many other buttons they can accidentally press.

I've looked at some after-market remotes, but they don't seem to specialize in A/V receivers.

Shouldn't this be straightforward? Please help. Thanks</font>

E

Eric

Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>Man, does your post bring back some memories! I once had to drive to my grandmothers because she could not get back to channel 3!

Take a look at this:

http://www.computers4sure.com/product....fid=673

I’ve heard the pronto is very popular and it can be set up any which way. I have the Sony AV commander but it’s not nearly as nice as the Philips TSU3000.</font>

B

BTech

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Pronto TSU3000 Will solve all your problems, its also Fun and Easy to Program, and can be programed differently for each member of your Household.</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>With a Yamaha receiver you can lock the settings through the main setup menu</font>

E

Eric

Audioholic
<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>
Guest : <font color='#000000'>With a Yamaha receiver you can lock the settings through the main setup menu</font>
<font color='#000000'>Most HTR's can lock settings. I think the issue is ease of use. In which case the Pronto can make it very easy: push the &quot;play movie&quot; button (you set up the macro) and the entire HT configures to play a DVD. Now that's easy!</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis