Recommended record brush

O

Oldlistener50

Audioholic Intern
Looking for recommendations on a good record brush. Also, isn't it a bad idea to brush them while on the TT, since that is going to deposit gunk on the TT mat? Better to brush on a clean dry surface like maybe a spare (new) paper sleeve?

ahblaza

ahblaza

Audioholic Field Marshall
That is a very good brush and to be recommended.

Try also to find a Cecil Watts Dust Bug on eBay.
Mark, thanks for the suggestion with the Cecil Dust Bug, I have been using it for a year now and have no need for anything else, I found mine on Ebay as per your recommendation. Thanks again my friend.
Jeff

M

mloew1

Audioholic Intern
Oh Boy, and my wife reminds me al the time, how 20 years ago I sold all my records in a garage sale when we moved:eek: I kick myself every day.

O

Oldlistener50

Audioholic Intern
Somehow

I managed to save my small (about 30-35) album collection from the late 70's and early 80's... and remembered to keep them upright in a hard container, and covered.

Very glad I had a few moments of brilliance to keep them! I have been listening to vinyl albums that I also have CDs of, over the past week... and the difference is amazing.

B

Bassbinotoko

Enthusiast
The best thing I've used is the common carbon fibre brush. Use it before each playing as the record turns, then wipe the dust off on my t-shirt sleeve.

For the stylus, I have a Watts stylus cleaner brush which I generally use before each playing, but I sometimes use a Q-tip dipped in isopropyl alcohol (carefully).

Supposedly the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser works extremely well as a stylus cleaner.

I've managed to hang onto my vinyl, although I haven't played a record at home in a long time. But I've got several NOS cartridges and styli, and some parts to spruce up the ex-mobile-disco Technics 1200 (including a new arm). I suspect it'll be a revelation to hear many of those records on a system with real bass. Maybe after I capture 'em to DVD-R in 24/96 flac, to minimize feedback.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis