recommendation for lowest priced 5.1 avr 4k with audyssey?

B

bradymartin

Full Audioholic
i have a denon 1712 in my living room

anything similar these days? want the same thing for my bedroom except i need 4k

B

bradymartin

Full Audioholic
i thought i could find the lowest priced denon with audyssey. i think its an s series model. just want 5.1 for a small bedroom.

still have an unopened denon x3300 i got on sale for $500, i may just keep it because its only a couple hundred more than the cheapest audyssey models i could find, though its too much avr for my room

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
i thought i could find the lowest priced denon with audyssey. i think its an s series model. just want 5.1 for a small bedroom.

still have an unopened denon x3300 i got on sale for $500, i may just keep it because its only a couple hundred more than the cheapest audyssey models i could find, though its too much avr for my room
FWIW the S510 doesn't have Audyssey, the S730 & S930 do, but only MultEQ

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord

Too much AVR is not a thing. It may have more features than you need or more capable amps than you need, but it isn't "too much". If you've already got it then I'd keep it. That is a great AVR you'll be happy with for years. If for some reason you want a bigger system or move somewhere with a larger room and happen to get speakers that want more power, you've already got it.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi

What do you have in your main system?

B

bradymartin

Full Audioholic
What do you have in your main system?
denon 1712 with emptek towers and big center.

it was difficult to get the denon x3300 on sale because the stock was always bought out before i got to the store, and i got lucky to get it after like the 4th sale.
maybe ill keep it. 3 year warranty and maybe my credit card adds a 4th year. i should just open it up and forget about selling it.
still, if i can get the x1300 on sale for $300, ill return the x3300.

i admit im not fond of the learning curve of these new models compared to the 1712, seems daunting.
the 1712 is very easy to configure since ive had it so long.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'd put the 3300 in your main system, the 1712 in the bedroom. Not sure why you think the newer Denon would be harder to setup? Might be easier, the manual and on-screen gui is probably easier to understand these days (did you need Batpig's Denon to English dictionary for the 1712? :) ).

B

bradymartin

Full Audioholic
id have to move everything around, wiring etc. just dont want the hassle.
1712 is perfect for my needs, no bells and whistles etc. just thought i could find something similar.
its looking more and more like ill keep the x3300. at least i wont have to rerun audyssey multiple times to eq the sub

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
LOL I understand, not my favorite thing to change avrs, had to do that a several times when I got a few bad refurbs (and that also had to be done with two other setups so I could keep my living room and bedroom setups going while waiting for replacements....finally went with a new unit as a third try on the refurb wasn't appealing at the time). I do think you'd notice the difference of XT vs XT32...ask @Pogre about his new 3300.

B

bradymartin

Full Audioholic
yeah, id have to redo both rooms, switching avrs, that would be the worst part
ill give it one more week to find the x1300 on sale

i get my klipsch rp 280s, 450c and 160m surrounds monday. super excited
waiting for the klipsch 115 to go back on sale
i bought tcl 55 4k roku tv, spend too much money already so the tv looks nice for $460 total

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Brain fart, @Pogre went with a Marantz 6011 in the end.

ps But he did go from an x1300 to the 6011, so did go from xt to xt32....

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Brain fart, @Pogre went with a Marantz 6011 in the end.

ps But he did go from an x1300 to the 6011, so did go from xt to xt32....
Yes I did. I've been doing a lot of experimenting with XT32 too.
yeah, id have to redo both rooms, switching avrs, that would be the worst part
ill give it one more week to find the x1300 on sale

i get my klipsch rp 280s, 450c and 160m surrounds monday. super excited
waiting for the klipsch 115 to go back on sale
i bought tcl 55 4k roku tv, spend too much money already so the tv looks nice for $460 total

Main Speakers Overlay Averaged    AR.jpg

This is an overlay of 2 different sweeps I took of my main speakers. I'm pretty happy with that frequency response.

Subwoofer Overlay Averaged AR.jpg

This is an overlay with 2 different sweeps of just my subwoofers. The green curve is the one I have uploaded to my SR6011 right now. Again, some pretty nice results. All I did was take 8 measurements and followed the positioning pattern that shows right on the screen for each measurement. With getting the mic and the cardboard tripod out the whole process takes maybe 10 minutes? It's not a lot of effort for some really good results, imo.

I was especially pleased with the bass response because I have a big, odd shaped space to pressurize and XT32 really did a great job of taming it. It's a worthy step up from MultEQ or XT. I'd move it over to your main listening space. Like HD said, I had (still do) an X1200W, which is only one model year older than the 1300. there's no comparison. The 3300 is a great receiver and XT32 really did a nice job on my bass.

I would also move it to your main system.

A

aeneas3

Enthusiast
hey everyone not sure if I should start a new thread or just post in this one since I have a similar question. Looking to replace an old ONK TXSR605. I only use 5.1 but like the ability to expand to 7.1 (wife will not allow .2 lol.) Mostly looking for 4k ability. Seemed to me DENONAVR-X2300W would be my best option. My current set up is:
onkyo sr605
polk towers up front and rear r50s
polk center (model escapes me but similar to r50s)
svs PB12-NSD sub

Will be using for gaming and tv mostly. Budget sub $500 if possible. Would prefer new unless certain refurbished carry the same warranty.

Any thoughts? If I should start a new thread I will gladly do it.
thanks

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
hey everyone not sure if I should start a new thread or just post in this one since I have a similar question. Looking to replace an old ONK TXSR605. I only use 5.1 but like the ability to expand to 7.1 (wife will not allow .2 lol.) Mostly looking for 4k ability. Seemed to me DENONAVR-X2300W would be my best option. My current set up is:
onkyo sr605
polk towers up front and rear r50s
polk center (model escapes me but similar to r50s)
svs PB12-NSD sub

Will be using for gaming and tv mostly. Budget sub $500 if possible. Would prefer new unless certain refurbished carry the same warranty.

Any thoughts? If I should start a new thread I will gladly do it.
thanks
Since your request for suggestions has nothing to do with this thread, if you want some answers, it would be preferable for you to start a new thread with your question.
I am not the most familiar with what's available as AVRs in the US. However, I am sure other audioholics will be pleased to give you some advice and come with good suggestions.
Cheers,

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
try Googleing "cheapest 5.1 avr with 4k and audyssey"

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis