Recomendations ....

M

Methost

Full Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>I plan to upgrade my entire theater, one peice at a time. Ill keep the 51&quot; RPTV and the new Sony DVD player ... everything else must be replaced as I can afford. I am guessing that the item that would make the biggest imedate impact on my theater is the receiver. Can anyone recomend a unit for around $500? I dont want to be fooled by slick marketing and end up with junk.</font>

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
<font color='#0000FF'>If you are willing to sacrifice Dolby Pro Logic-II then the Yamaha RXV-800 is a solidly built reciver which is available for under $500 on the net. It has 'Phantom' rear center more which works pretty well.</font>

W

WillieM

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>The Denon AVR 1802 or 1803 are excellent 80w per channel receivers in that proce range and have DPL 2.</font>

<font color='#000080'>DPL II rocks... You'll never listen to your old CDs in stereo ever again... &nbsp;
</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Biggus Dickus

Enthusiast
<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>
hawke : <font color='#000000'>DPL II rocks... You'll never listen to your old CDs in stereo ever again... &nbsp;
</font>
<font color='#000000'>My RX-V630 has DPL II. I still prefer straight 2-channel stereo with music.</font>

M

MarkOcena

Audioholic Intern
<font color='#000000'>You're both right! &nbsp;DLP 2 definitely sounds good. &nbsp;With well recorded music and movie soundtracks, it gets surprizingly close to the channel-for-every-speaker discreet version. &nbsp;But stereo is still great. &nbsp;This just is the way 2 channel music is supposed to be played. &nbsp;I'm usually split between both and it depends on what I'm listening to.

Mark</font>

N

nm2285

Senior Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>Make sure if you have the chance, you audition both receivers with your speakers. &nbsp;They have a very different sound. &nbsp;I bought a denon with mind and regret it-more bright and crisp, something my speakers emphasize already (not that its a bad receiver, just a bad match).</font>

N

nm2285

Senior Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>Make sure if you have the chance, you audition both receivers with your speakers. &nbsp;They have a very different sound. &nbsp;I bought a denon with mind and regret it-more bright and crisp, something my speakers emphasize already (not that its a bad receiver, just a bad match).</font>

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
<font color='#000000'>Can't say enough about the RX-V41400. It is worth every penny of the current $559 price tag!
</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis