L

Leon1972

Junior Audioholic
Hey guys. With all the receivers out there what are a few websites with a wide range of receivers that I can use to find what I want? I have specific requirements for my reciever and need a lot,to choose from.

speakers I'm going with are momitor audio r270 x 2, r225, and the r90 x 2 and the matching sub.

Last edited:
brianedm

brianedm

Audioholic General
What are your specific requirements and budget?

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
I replied to your other thread before I seen this one, we will definitely need an budget, you can spend from $ to $$$$$$ for a receiver, list a budget and we will give you our opps

L

Leon1972

Junior Audioholic
Well I don't know much about what options I can get in a reciever as of yet. I don't want to compromise the speaker quality but I want as cheap as I can without doing that. I have a feeling you guys need more than that. Lol. 500 bucks. I don't know much about what ican get in a reciever yet though so I need to do more research. Like I read something called audiogalaxy (or something like that) will help highly with sound quality. My experience with receivers is HTIB all in one. In other words, I don't know squat yet.
would like the ability to choose what room I want to play my speakers in though and air play.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Airplay is limited to Denon and Pioneer IIRC. Looking at your speakers, they don't seem particularly difficult to drive so anything with 100w would do, unless you have a HUGE room and like concert levels. Even lower wattage would be fine depending on your preferred listening level.

L

Leon1972

Junior Audioholic
Airplay is limited to Denon and Pioneer IIRC. Looking at your speakers, they don't seem particularly difficult to drive so anything with 100w would do, unless you have a HUGE room and like concert levels. Even lower wattage would be fine depending on your preferred listening level.
Also marantz Sony and Yamaha carry airplay as well

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Also marantz Sony and Yamaha carry airplay as well
Ah, I stand corrected. I glanced at the yamaha site and didn't see any mention, but I didn't look all that hard. Marantz is D&M just like denon, so I should have known that. Sony...well, is sony. Their new line looks cool, but you have to go to the ES line which ups the price. For the $500 range, I would stick with Denon just because I've grown to really like Audyssey. Yamaha and Pioneer are no slouch though. Yamaha makes a very solid product as well as Pioneer. I've had mixed reviews of their room correction offerings thought. It really depends on what features you want in a receiver.

L

Leon1972

Junior Audioholic
What is audyssey? I've heard it mentioned and it seems its some kind of configuration device but I don't know much more than that. Also what is all this I read on some posts about the ability to adjust your frequency rang for the speakers themselves. What is that, what does it do and how difficult is it? I've also read the same for the crossovers as well?

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
What is audyssey? I've heard it mentioned and it seems its some kind of configuration device but I don't know much more than that. Also what is all this I read on some posts about the ability to adjust your frequency rang for the speakers themselves. What is that, what does it do and how difficult is it? I've also read the same for the crossovers as well?
A basic overview is that it will automagically set your crossover frequencies, distance, and levels of your speakers. It does more than that, but that's the gist of it. Yamaha and Pioneer's room correction systems do the same, but in a different way.

Audyssey also has things like Dynamic EQ and volume that add more functionality. Go to Audyssey - Audio Dock, Home Theater System and Audio Technology | Audyssey and click on technologies. All that I've mentioned are listed and will tell you what they do in detail.

L

Leon1972

Junior Audioholic
Ok. Cool. Thanks for the help. Is there any other technology u think I should look into based off what I'm looking for in my reciever? Namely to help with speaker clarity?

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Ok. Cool. Thanks for the help. Is there any other technology u think I should look into based off what I'm looking for in my reciever? Namely to help with speaker clarity?
Not really. Just get one with what you want, configure it properly, and enjoy. Not much more to it than that. Any questions, everybody is here to help.

L

Leon1972

Junior Audioholic
Thanks guys. I appreciate all the help. That audyssey will DEFINATLEY be on my wants list with the rest and my list has been narrowed to denon. Thanks guys.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis