Receivers with "Game" HDMI inputs

I

icycalm

Audiophyte
Sony has them because they make the PlayStation and understand what a big issue lag is for gamers, and some other companies have followed suit, but others, like Yamaha for example, still do not seem to care. So I am making this thread for people to make receiver recommendations based on the existence or not of this feature.

Specifically, I am interested in the new Yamaha RX-V775, and I'd like to ask if anyone knows whether any of its HDMI inputs are videogame-friendly despite the fact that it doesn't say so on the back panel designations:

Do any of these inputs bypass processing? If not, what other receivers would you recommend for this besides Sony's?

RichB

RichB

Audioholic Field Marshall
^^^
Most processors have a Game Video mode that is input specific which is supposed to limit latency.
I think you have to check with gamers who might actually measure them.

Then, of course, there is the display. Many display game modes do not seem to be that fast.

- Rich

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
To be honest the receiver should have minimal input on latency on video games even if not using the GAME input on the HDMI. The biggest challenge is the actual TV itself. I would select a TV with a good latency response. Most TV's have a gaming mode which usually helps. I have an Xbox One and PS4 hooked up to my TV through my Integra 80.3 and have not had issues.

M Code

M Code

Audioholic General
EZ solution..
Turn OFF the video processing in the AVR for the HDMI input used by the game console..

Just my $0.05... ;)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis