B

bigwill125

Enthusiast
Hey all,

Need some advice on insight. I'm in the market for a new flagship/high end type receiver and i've done some research and demo'd quite a few but also wanted advice before purchasing. I've been tossing back and forth the Yamaha RX-3030, marantz SR-7008 and denon x4000/4520. Haven't really considered Onkyo or Pioneer a whole to here. All have great features and power, but after hearing the x4000 i liked the warmer and richness better from the marantz. I do music and movies probably equally, also gaming and tv watching. current (but no set up equipment as I've been piecing my system) is (4) def tech pro monitor 1000's, cs-8080HD center and will be getting the def tech 8080BP floor standing and possibly adding speakers going to another zone in the future. Plenty of bass and power in those speakers. Is the Marantz too under powered for a killer set up (trying to create the IMAX feel) but want best sound/video quality. Yamaha better for more power? I've heard marantz has better build quality and components than Denon despite same company (d+m holdings). Also wasn't sure since hdmi 2.0 is coming out soon and don't want to have to replace a expensive receiver for full effect of 4k in the near future. Video upscaling?? what do you guys think? :confused:

T

Tweaked

Junior Audioholic
The Marantz is fully capable of both 4K passthrough and 4K upscaling according to Marantz. As for power, I have no concerns at all. I recently purchased one and have it running a mixed bag of speakers and let me tell you it sounds awesome. When I say mixed bag, I mean

2x B&W 602 S1 Front LR 8 ohms
1x B&W LCR60 S3 8 Ohms
2x Pioneer BS-22 6 ohms

So as you can see I'm not using the most sensitive speakers and in fact I'm mixing impedance ratings. The 7008 Has no problem at all handling them. In fact, it sounds awesome. Far better than my previous HK AVR-3600. If you want the Marantz, I say go for it.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis