receiver to power amp connecting cables

T

tennsopher

Enthusiast
How important are the quality of the rca cables that connect power amp to receiver?I am running a Marantz sr 8002 to bose 901 speakers.I have the power amp so that I could hook up the equalizer on the 901s.I have it hooked up now with regular rca cables.Would higher end make a difference?

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
How important are the quality of the rca cables that connect power amp to receiver?...I have it hooked up now with regular rca cables.Would higher end make a difference?
Not at all important.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Hard to understand why Bose can still sell any of those. It's got to be folks who don't get out and listen to other speakers in the same price range. Perhaps they believe that if they've got the "top of the line" Bose product for X amount of dollars, any two-steps-down speaker from another maker at the same price couldn't compete. In a way, they're right because it's almost any $500 pair of speakers today that sound better, not even the mid-fi stuff.

M

Mark of Cenla

Full Audioholic
Better than the cheapest cables make a very slight difference. Peace and goodwill.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
How important are the quality of the rca cables that connect power amp to receiver?I am running a Marantz sr 8002 to bose 901 speakers.I have the power amp so that I could hook up the equalizer on the 901s.I have it hooked up now with regular rca cables.Would higher end make a difference?
Better cables will only matter if the existing ones are damaged or garbage and when I write 'garbage', I mean really crappy cables that just don't work well on an absolute level, not some "I want my cables to make me a whole person" thing.

However, most equalizers were designed to be connected to a Tape loop on a receiver or integrated amp. On an AVR, you would set RecOut to Source and connect the equalizer's Out jacks to a set of Tape Input jacks. Some AVRs don't work well with processors this way and it may require some messing with the setup to get it to work flawlessly. Equalizers really want to see the tape loop, not the signal and impedance from a volume control

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Better cables will only matter if the existing ones are damaged or garbage and when I write 'garbage', I mean really crappy cables that just don't work well on an absolute level, not some "I want my cables to make me a whole person" thing.

However, most equalizers were designed to be connected to a Tape loop on a receiver or integrated amp. On an AVR, you would set RecOut to Source and connect the equalizer's Out jacks to a set of Tape Input jacks. Some AVRs don't work well with processors this way and it may require some messing with the setup to get it to work flawlessly. Equalizers really want to see the tape loop, not the signal and impedance from a volume control
But fairly simple with a power amp like the OP has using pre-outs on the avr....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis