Receiver/speaker setting help!

Y

Yankfanz51

Audiophyte
Hi guys, I just received my Mythos ST-L's from Definitive Technology last night. I currently have a Marantz SR-6008 that I am going to use to power them until i get my Marantz amp and turn the 6008 into a preamp. I currently have my speaker wire running to the top two terminals in the back of the speakers and using the factory jumpers. In my receiver settings I followed what Defintive said to do which was set the fronts to large, and "no" to subwoofer. However i am not getting any bass out of the subs in the speakers. I have a Y adapter going out of the sub1 from the receiver into the LFE into the back of the speakers and still get nothing. However, i noticed that when i unplug the y adapter and touch it to an RCA port, the subs work, but it sounds crappy obviously. I am at a loss. I am assuming it is a setting in my receiver but have no idea where to even begin. Can somebody help me?

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Page 13 of the manual says if you're going to use the lfe inputs on your speakers, set the subwoofer setting to "yes" in your receiver. If you intend to run the passive parts of the towers full range, set the lfe mode to main+lfe. That should run the passive half of the towers without a high pass filter, thus doing the iota squeezing described in the manual I think.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
First, HERE'S a copy of your manual. I'll be referencing around page 13 or so.

Make speaker wires running from your receiver's right and left channels to each respective speaker. Make sure that jumper is connecting both speaker input pairs on the speaker. With this setup, make sure the receiver is setup to have no subwoofer. This is covered on page 13 in the first paragraph under "Low Level Connections".

When you run from the LFE jack on your receiver, reference the second paragraph in this section and make sure you tell your receiver you do have a subwoofer. Again, make sure that jumper is connecting both speaker input pairs on the speaker.

Aside from this, make sure each speaker is plugged into an AC socket and follow the setup procedures on pages 14 and 15.

that's about all I can offer here.

Y

Yankfanz51

Audiophyte
I have been told even by definitive not to use the LAW because it really isn't needed with these. I havery a pair of BP-8080s on the same receiver and the bass was insane...right now I'm barely getting any..it's frustrating. I will try what you guys said though. I've ran it with subwoofer yes and no. But I can't find "main+lfe" in a setting but I will look

Y

Yankfanz51

Audiophyte
I found lfe+main, but I really want to run it the way definitive told me to, which is without a sub cable. But no matter what I do the subs won't work. When I used the lfe, I got bass, but not 2400 watts I can tell you that much. My 8080'S shook my whole house and these are barely doing anything

Y

Yankfanz51

Audiophyte
I found lfe+main, but I really want to run it the way definitive told me to, which is without a sub cable. But no matter what I do the subs won't work. When I used the lfe, I got bass, but not 2400 watts I can tell you that much. My 8080'S shook my whole house and these are barely doing anything

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis