Willis927

Willis927

Enthusiast
I recently purchased a pair of SVT Ultra speakers to go along with my Pro-ject Debut turntable. The turntable will be the only audio source at this point (no CD, TV, DVD, etc). Obviously, I want to maximize the performance of the speakers. So my question is what receiver or amp/pre amp combo do you guys recommend. The set up will be in my living room that is about 16' x 24'. Thanks in advance.

elwaylite

elwaylite

Audioholic
I'd go some sort of AVR with preouts and an outlaw 7500 if you do not want to spend preamp money. If the outlaw 7500 is too much for budget, Emotiva makes great amps too. I am a fan of separates so I am biased, but overall volume level matters as well.

Just playing with a calculator, and 10 foot listening distance at 85db with +20db for peak, I'd go 200w/channel from the 7500, or Emotiva.

elwaylite

elwaylite

Audioholic
http://www.hometheatrebasics.com/home-theatre-tools/spl-calculator/

Tinker with that.

88 sensitivity, 200w/channel, 12 feet from speakers, 2 speakers and 2-4 feet from wall achieves 105.8db. Now if you are -20db from reference level in most listening, then you can back that down.

Say for 85db, power requirements are much less but I like the cushion up there and I run a little louder. Outlaw has a 7075 and 7125 amp too for less $$$. And then there is there new 5000 model. Not sure how many channels you plan now or for the future.

Denon X5200 may be a good choice as well.

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
SVT or SVS? :D
Seriously though,
Bookshelf or Tower?
2.0 or 2.1?
Budget?

studly698

studly698

Enthusiast
Thank you for that Spl link..I needed that.. I was asking a question about that stuff in my own post..lol

Sent from my LG-H443 using Tapatalk

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis