Q

Qman1983

Audiophyte
I'm looking for a replacement for my Harman Kardon 380i. I just want something to play Cd's, turntable and MP3 player that will push a pair of 2 way JBL N28's to their max new or vintage. I want to stay under $500 if possible. No Pioneer equipment please. I have a bias when it comes to what I call them pissinyourear. I may offend the defenders of Pioneer but I have had nothing but issues with every piece of Pioneer equipment I've ever owned new or used.

Last edited:
M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
I just bought a 201 a few month ago and I do like it but it's very much an entry level unit, which is fine for my meager purposes. This unit has more "real" power and a few more features that make it expandable for future growth.

Besides, you specified it should work with a turntable. You want to change the rules of the game? Go for it.

J

JRT3

Junior Audioholic
I've had great service from my Onkyo 50Wpc TX-8020, which has a phono pre-amp input and a subwoofer output. They run ~$180 and remote control well with their C-7030 CDP (~$170). Their TX-8050 has ~75 Wpc and adds a DAC - I don't have this model (~$300). I have two C-7030's and a TX-8020 and have had no problems with any of them.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis