Receiver and Speaker Compatability

T

TreyHughes

Audiophyte
Good Morning,

I am looking for advice on the best combination of a receiver and tower speakers. My budget is $1000.00 for the speakers and $500.00 for the receiver. I am willing to spend a little more ($1200 on speakers) if the jump in quality is worth the value.

I have been researching the Klipsch RF-82-II's and the Polk RTIA7's. The reviews are night and day and no one in between-you either love them or you hate them-very few middle grounders.

My real concern is buying the right receiver that will maximize the speakers quality. I looked at the Sony STR-DN840 and 1040 because of the HDMI and Bluetooth. Then I realized I want this for mostly music not TV. I started looking at 2 channel systems. My worry is that if I go with something like Sony, will the sound be as clear and loud as a different receiver more geared toward music quality rather than the technology side of it. For the price, the Sony is probably the best value-again, I am worried about shorting the speakers with this choice.

Please, give a good suggestion for a good compatability between a receiver and the speakers I mentioned.

Thank you,

Trey

Last edited:
T

TreyHughes

Audiophyte
I am open to new suggestions on any and all equipment.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Worry less about the sound of the receiver and more on choosing the speaker that sounds right to you, not what other people say. Once that's done' everything else will fall into place.

Now, have you hears any of these or you going by what others have said? Big mistake...

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
T

TreyHughes

Audiophyte
My only problem is that the only Big Box Store here where I live is Best Buy. They do not have a sound room for listening. I am doing this from suggestion to narrow down my possibilities

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Welll, make sure that whereever you make your purchase, and that included the internet, has a liberal return policy. ...and keep all packing materials.

But, if you only take home one speaker (pair) you'll most likely be satisfied, at least until you read more reviews.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
My only problem is that the only Big Box Store here where I live is Best Buy. They do not have a sound room for listening. I am doing this from suggestion to narrow down my possibilities
Amazon has an easy return policy - if you decide to test the Studio 580

T

TreyHughes

Audiophyte
THANK YOU!! You have been very helpful. I have already researched the items you suggested. They all look good. I like the option to buy more for the money when looking at refurbished items.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis