Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
WAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH. That's what I call a car :cool:
I think corso rosso (Ferrari Red) would have made it even more..... sorry.....

The white is sensational :p

Have you seen any Nurburgring figures? compared to the 911
I reckon Nurburgring lap times are as close as you get to official German performance figures

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
SVS is asking for customer pics on Facebook and I sent these 3 in.

45441-1160x653.jpeg
45444-1186x667.jpeg
45445-1173x660.jpeg

I think they turned out pretty good. I'm gonna go update my pros n Joes thread too. It's nothing big. No prize or anything. They might get featured in a slide show or something.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Are you going to use oxygen free copper in the shielding? :D
Nothing but the best. I had to peek at the wiki electromagnetism page to get an idea of what RF really was. There's 10 layers of silicone steel on the walls outside the copper.

You should see the size of the soldering iron we're using! I'm trying to figure out what to do with an extra 4x10 sheet of the copper coated flooring. Probably going to use it for garage shelving but speaker stuff isn't out of the question.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
I'm trying to figure out what to do with an extra 4x10 sheet of the copper coated flooring. Probably going to use it for garage shelving but speaker stuff isn't out of the question.
First idea, sell it.

How flexible is that flooring? Maybe you could make an awesome copper hat and put all those tinfoil hat guys to shame. It wouldn't fly off your head the first time there's some wind.

Search Google Image for 'tinfoil hat' to get some design ideas:
https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&biw=1078&bih=629&site=imghp&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=tinfoil+hat&oq=tinfoil+hat&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0i67k1l2j0l2.84918.88867.0.89349.13.13.0.0.0.0.106.1225.9j4.13.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..0.13.1218...0i13k1j0i8i30k1j0i7i30k1j0i30k1j0i19k1.v85d6RwhUZg#imgrc=_

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
First idea, sell it.

How flexible is that flooring? Maybe you could make an awesome copper hat and put all those tinfoil hat guys to shame. It wouldn't fly off your head the first time there's some wind.

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&biw=1078&bih=629&site=imghp&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=tinfoil+hat&oq=tinfoil+hat&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0i67k1l2j0l2.84918.88867.0.89349.13.13.0.0.0.0.106.1225.9j4.13.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..0.13.1218...0i13k1j0i8i30k1j0i7i30k1j0i30k1j0i19k1.v85d6RwhUZg#imgrc=_
I like this one.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
That sheet is 3/4" presswood with melamine on one side and copper on the other. It's 4' x 10' sheet. Who is in the market for that? I've also got this 12" x 16" steel tube about 20" long. It might be 1/2" thick steel: The compact sub to end all compact subs. 2000 lbs of boom.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I'm building an MRI room. Two actually ... unless they figure out I don't know what I'm doing in Room 1.
I'm picturing the sheriff Little Bill's house in the movie unforgiven...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Dan

Dan

Audioholic Chief
First idea, sell it.

It's always fun trying to explain MRI to the paranoid, talking about exciting ones hydrogen atoms to emit radio waves that we detect and use to generate images. "See! I knew I needed that tinfoil lined room!"

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
It's always fun trying to explain MRI to the paranoid, talking about exciting ones hydrogen atoms to emit radio waves that we detect and use to generate images. "See! I knew I needed that tinfoil lined room!"
Don't believe him! It's all tricks and lies, done with mirrors.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
WAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH. That's what I call a car :cool:
I think corso rosso (Ferrari Red) would have made it even more..... sorry.....

The white is sensational :p

Have you seen any Nurburgring figures? compared to the 911
I reckon Nurburgring lap times are as close as you get to official German performance figures
I only like two colors of cars. Gray is my favorite and white, with all black on top, is my second. I seem to rotate these two colors. My wife's Mercedes is gray as was my last Audi so white it was.

Yes, I think I read everything possible on it before I got it.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I only like two colors of cars. Gray is my favorite and white, with all black on top, is my second. I seem to rotate these two colors. My wife's Mercedes is gray as was my last Audi so white it was.

Yes, I think I read everything possible on it before I got it.
Grey is the best color going. Looks clean longer than anything else.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
If you wanna save some ching, I'll sell you the fofo. It's silver.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
If you wanna save some ching, I'll sell you the fofo. It's silver.
You don't have to rush me a response. I'll just hold it for you. BTW, high miles, broke a/c ... I'll let you know if I remember anything else eff'ed up with the car. Reasonably priced and negotiable. Payments available.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
You don't have to rush me a response. I'll just hold it for you. BTW, high miles, broke a/c ... I'll let you know if I remember anything else eff'ed up with the car. Reasonably priced and negotiable. Payments available.
The AMG is getting 32 MPG less than the Audi which was diesel, I may take you up on it...lol...

It does have dual massage seats which makes you forget about the poor MPG

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
The AMG is getting 32 MPG less than the Audi which was diesel, I may take you up on it...lol...

I don't think I could handle getting a massage during highway driving. Today I needed coffee for the drive home.

You're only gonna keep that thing a few years tops before you tire of it so it's not like the costly fuel bill is gonna last.

Suddenly I'm interested in which Audi you had. My truck gets 15 mpg.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord

Those audi diesels don't mess around. You happen to catch the Top Gear (when it was good) episode where they tried to run one out of fuel?

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I don't think I could handle getting a massage during highway driving. Today I needed coffee for the drive home.

You're only gonna keep that thing a few years tops before you tire of it so it's not like the costly fuel bill is gonna last.

Suddenly I'm interested in which Audi you had. My truck gets 15 mpg.
My last two cars were both Audi Q5. A white one and then a gray one.

The white one was SQ5 which is a sporty gas motor.

The Gray one was diesel, had great torque and never needed a gas station.

I did a short road trip yesterday and had so much fun with the twin turbo V8, that I didn't care about gas mileage at all.

You are correct, a car hasn't stayed with me for over 2 years in a long time.

2013 3.0 SUPERCHARGED GAS

2015 3.0 TURBO DIESEL

2016 Wife's MB. 2.0 TURBO GAS

2017 AMG: 5.5 TWIN TURBO GAS

Last edited:
ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Those audi diesels don't mess around. You happen to catch the Top Gear (when it was good) episode where they tried to run one out of fuel?
I didn't see it but I believe it. I drive like a maniac and that thing still never needed gas. I tried to get my wife to take it and sell her MB but she wouldn't go for it.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Twin turbo V8 ... that's really something. If I ever get down to Texas again, can I visit your car?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis