Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Pogre
Feel free to share that recipe via a PM or a conversation. I'm always open to a good recipe. Especially one for a homemade sauce or rub. If you have an aj jous recipe for prime rib, I'm still looking for something better. :p:)
There seems to be a few BBQ guys on AH – myself included. I use an 18" Weber smoker – nothing fancy. I've smoked pork, ribs, turkey, and brisket.

@Pogre – I've put more effort into smoked brisket than pulled pork, but I'm always interested in a tried & tested recipe. I can pretty much guarantee the method I use make smoked brisket thats fork tender and takes about 6-8 hours. It has worked for others (who are able to use their smokers!) the first time they try it. I can send my brisket and bbq sauce recipe by email to anyone who wants it. Send me an email address by PM.

A year ago, my wife hit my smoker with her car. Dinged the bottom bowl enough so it cannot close tight. I had put it in the garage because of a snow storm. I never replaced it last summer, so I should look into that this year.

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
There seems to be a few BBQ guys on AH – myself included. I use an 18" Weber smoker – nothing fancy. I've smoked pork, ribs, turkey, and brisket.

@Pogre – I've put more effort into smoked brisket than pulled pork, but I'm always interested in a tried & tested recipe. I can pretty much guarantee the method I use make smoked brisket thats fork tender and takes about 6-8 hours. It has worked for others (who are able to use their smokers!) the first time they try it. I can send my brisket and bbq sauce recipe by email to anyone who wants it. Send me an email address by PM.

A year ago, my wife hit my smoker with her car. Dinged the bottom bowl enough so it cannot close tight. I had put it in the garage because of a snow storm. I never replaced it last summer, so I should look into that this year.
swerd
hitting your smoker with a car is grounds for a new bbq/smoker/grille or whatever you call it in your part of the country. My old grille rusted out last year despite all the stainless steel on the outside.

I went in for a Big Green Egg. If you do bbq, you've probably heard of BGE's. I have known about them for a long time but could never justify the expense. I turned out to be a very good boy for Christmas apparently and Santa brought me one. Merry Christmas to me. It has made cooking outdoors fun again.

I am re-learning cooking over fire and and low and slow cooking. Its been a treat. I will take all the recipes you wish to share. You already have my email address because of the Salk Songtower conversations. BTW, Jim Salk says I should see them before the end of May. They are in their 3rd layer of sealer coat right now.
I am getting ants in my pants waiting for them. A very difficult aspect of the purchase is the wait.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I don't cook a lot of bbq. Well, almost none. I know it seems a crime for a butcher not to have a smoker, but I do have experience with smoking. When I worked for my dad we made all our own hams, bacon, jerky, smoked beef sticks, garlic trail bologna and more. That was over 25 years ago though.

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
I don't cook a lot of bbq. Well, almost none. I know it seems a crime for a butcher not to have a smoker, but I do have experience with smoking. When I worked for my dad we made all our own hams, bacon, jerky, smoked beef sticks, garlic trail bologna and more. That was over 25 years ago though.
pogre
wow. that's a lot of useful stuff to know. if you ever get tired of audio, I'm sure there's a bbq forum somewhere that could use what you know.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
swerd
hitting your smoker with a car is grounds for a new bbq/smoker/grille or whatever you call it in your part of the country. My old grille rusted out last year despite all the stainless steel on the outside. … … I went in for a Big Green Egg…
I was shopping for one last summer and kept changing my mind. I went from another Weber, to a large & heavy barrel smoker (~$1500 and over 600 lbs :eek:), and back to the Weber. Then inflamed eye problems interfered and I never ordered the smoker. Getting smoke in my eyes last summer was unthinkable. Now I'm ready to get smoking again.

I never seriously considered a BGE, mainly because of the cost.
I am re-learning cooking over fire and and low and slow cooking. Its been a treat. I will take all the recipes you wish to share.
Check your email.
Jim Salk says I should see them before the end of May. They are in their 3rd layer of sealer coat right now.
I am getting ants in my pants waiting for them. A very difficult aspect of the purchase is the wait.
The end of May is in sight. I hope you get them before Memorial Day weekend!

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I can pretty much guarantee the method I use make smoked brisket thats fork tender and takes about 6-8 hours. It has worked for others ...
Tru dat. I ate it. It was remarkably tasty.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I quit my job of 20 years and am going to start a business with a friend. I feel like I did when I first moved out here and I was in my mid 20's. Opportunities are open to me and I have all this confidence again. This is probably the most drastic life change I've made outside of marriage and having a kid.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Another job change on the horizon. This one definitely for the better, at least I hope so. So yet another move as well. That's going to suck. Oh well.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Another job change on the horizon. This one definitely for the better, at least I hope so. So yet another move as well. That's going to suck. Oh well.
Good luck man. I'm taking the rest of the year off and going to some classes for my home inspector's license. I have a partner who's about 3/4 of the way through the process and we're gonna start our own business. Pretty scary stuff, but pretty exciting too. I have a few opportunities in front of me right now and I'm fortunate enough to have the time and funds to take advantage of it. I'm so done with retail. I'm pretty stoked.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
A couple of weeks ago I was getting a sunburn. Today hasn't seen 55 degrees yet. New England is the new Canada. Ain't seen the sun in a year.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis