Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I would also retire today if I could and I would eat dinner at 3:45 in the afternoon.

I have to say though, money comes in way easier than it used to so I kind of dig that too. I bet I only work 8 hours/week now and I am making more than I ever have.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Home in MD for half of yesterday and then half of today. Heading back to NY tonight. New job interview on Friday and hopefully another next week.

Irritatingly enough, I'm trying to leave the school I'm at, but I got my schedule in the mail and it's a pretty darn good one. Plus I just (yesterday) got told that the head soccer coaching position is mine if I want it. Looks like I can't take it though, due to the other job interviews. Nice of everything to start falling into place right as I finally get some interviews :rolleyes:

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Home in MD for half of yesterday and then half of today. Heading back to NY tonight. New job interview on Friday and hopefully another next week.

Irritatingly enough, I'm trying to leave the school I'm at, but I got my schedule in the mail and it's a pretty darn good one. Plus I just (yesterday) got told that the head soccer coaching position is mine if I want it. Looks like I can't take it though, due to the other job interviews. Nice of everything to start falling into place right as I finally get some interviews :rolleyes:
Take the time to think things through. Remember your long term goals and be ready to deal with the short term if necessary. Good Luck!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I wish people would just answer the question asked... after that you can chime in with other concerns.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Swerd just got his very first "dumb" rating :eek: Then again, he didn't even think to invite me over for dinner like he did with Dennis :oops::D

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Swerd just got his very first "dumb" rating :eek: Then again, he didn't even think to invite me over for dinner like he did with Dennis :oops::D
I'm going to work under the assumption that it was a 'humorous' dumb :rolleyes:.

If you want to buy my STs, you're invited too.

Dan

Dan

Audioholic Chief
So, your brother just totally eclipsed your ass on speaker quality! Are you gonna let him get away with that $hit? Just saying...
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=136509.0
IOK his speakers cost more than mine and I would love a side by side duel if they weren't so damn heavy. His are better looking for sure. But I have TWO subs with 250W amps. I'd love Soundscapes but what would I do with my subs. Oh yeah! Put them with the rear speakers! I'm also younger...

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
But I have TWO subs with 250W amps. I'd love Soundscapes but what would I do with my subs.
I've never looked at Vandersteen subs before. Have you read an explanation of why they chose 3 8" drivers intead of one 15"? I've seen both Martin Logan and Paradigm (I think that is who it was) use three smaller drivers, but both of those went with a hexagonal box so the three drivers allowed them to fit a "look" they were going for.
http://vandersteen.com/products/model-2w-series-subwoofers

Nevermind, I found it :
Vandersteen 2W series subwoofers use three active eight-inch drivers rather than a single large woofer. The three eight inch drivers equal the cone area of a fourteen-inch woofer, but with much higher motor-to-cone-area ratio. The high ratio improves pitch definition and insures stable frequency and phase responses throughout and beyond the drivers ’ operating range. This allows more crossover design flexibility since a steep-slope, high-order crossover is not necessary when the drivers perform well several octaves past the crossover frequency.

Dan

Dan

Audioholic Chief
Hard to say if that's true or not for someone like me. I will say they sound like they have a very flat response as low as I can hear and then some. Bach's organ toccata and Harry Partch's Delusion of the Furies with the Marimba Eroica (below)both go subsonic and leave me with a rumble in my stomach. Big brother can't say that! The Marimba Eroica is 8 feet by 4 feet by 14 inches.
me.jpg

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Hard to say if that's true or not for someone like me. I will say they sound like they have a very flat response as low as I can hear and then some. Bach's organ toccata and Harry Partch's Delusion of the Furies with the Marimba Eroica (below)both go subsonic and leave me with a rumble in my stomach. Big brother can't say that! The Marimba Eroica is 8 feet by 4 feet by 14 inches.
I can say that Dan's whole system, including the subwoofers, sounds excellent. Now that my new speakers are prettier looking, I won't have to be jealous.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Got a call back. Mediocre school district. Have to drive my a$$ back to NY yet again. Just back home today from NY. Driving sucks.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
They make planes....
I had thought about that, but Baltimore to Albany almost seems more trouble than it's worth. Having to leave a car, plus the cost of the flight. Ah-well. Hopefully it will only be one or two more trips back and forth.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis