RDC-7 Integra Research loses settings

L

lolob

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Hi there,

I would like to ask a question since I can't get an answer form Onkyo france. My RDC7 loses all the settings. Sometimes it will work very well for weeks and without any explanation I lose all my settings (speaker distance, inputs...) as if someone did a Reset on the unit. Sometimes it doesn't happen for weeks or months, then it can happen two time a weeks and disappear totally for several weeks, then lose the settings again...etc Have you heard about such a problem?

If anybody has some email of valuable people at Integra / Onkyo EUROPE (Germany I believe) or JAPAN that I could use, I would be very interested.

Thank you so much in advance for your kind reply.

Best Regards,
Laurent</font>

S

steve

Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>Laurent,

The only thing I can think of is the internal batter backup may be dead.  When it looses it's settings, is it after you unplug it or remove power for a period of time?  The unit will reset after several days with no power.  If it's not this, I'll e-mail someone at Integra Research for you in the next few days.  Keep in mind it's Thanksgiving weekend and that not many people are working.</font>

L

lolob

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Hi there,

Thank you so much for your kind reply. I actually emailed a few people at Integra Research France, Europe (Germany) and USA (Lincoln Palmer) without any reply so far.

Actually I have two problems with this unit since I bought it a year ago. It's an upgraded version with THX Ultra 2 ...etc

1) First Problem

When switching the unit on with the Power mechanical button, the RC7 goes in Standby mode, awaiting that you press the Standby/On button in order to get On and vice versa.

The failure of my unit is that once in Standby mode, when I try to switch it on, sometimes (the problem is really random, can occurs once in 15 times, and then can occurs several times, and may work properly until next random failure) the unit does not switch &quot;totally&quot; ON, that is to say:

· There is sound at the output (I use the analogue preamp output connected to a 5.1 amplifier) : OK

· The display is black and remains off : NOT OK

· You can control the volume for example, but there are a few things you can not do : NOT OK

· You can't switch the unit back to Standby by pressing the Standby/ON switch, it simply won't do anything! The only way to turn the unit OFF is to press the power button OFF : NOT GOOD. (and when you press again this switch, the unit goes back to standby and the problem may occur another time)

· Sometimes this happens 10 times in a row, so it's getting hard to get the unit from standby to ON! : NOT GOOD.
One solution is to swich the unit from ON to OFF not with the standby/on button, but with the Power Button directly so that when you switch it back to on (with the power button again) the RDC7 won't go on standby, will go to ON directly!

I thought my unit was deffective so Integra Reasearch &nbsp;France exchanged it and sent me another one: SAME PROBLEM !!!!!!! I insist on the fact that the unit may work 50 times well and then start to have this fault/bug one or 10 times in a row.

Moreover, Integra France succeeded in reproducing the problem and told me they sent a couple of emails in Germany to describe it. So far no answer :-(

2) Second Problem

My RDC7 loses all the settings. Sometimes it will work very well for weeks and without any explanation I lose all my settings (speaker distance, inputs...) as if someone did a Reset on the unit. Sometimes it doesn't happen for weeks or months, then this &quot;lost settings&quot; bug can occur two time a week and disappears totally for several weeks, then lose the settings again...etc Somebody at IR France explained to me that it could be a problem regarding a sort of battery inside the unit that keeps the settings saved in RAM while the unit is off. Can you confirm this to me?
I insist on the fact that this is not linked to a period of time of inactivity of the unit : you can use the unit on a day and the problem happens on the next day.

Sorry again for bothering and thank you so much in advance for your kind reply. I'm totally desperate with this unit since I DO think that its performances are absolutly GREAT while these two 'bugs' are just ... so annoying :) Especially the second one (imagine that you have to re-enter all your settings like A/V inputs, speaker distance, crossover...).
You can live with the first problem, but for sure it's not something that should happen on a world class unit that costs thousands of euros! The thing that bothered me so much was that IR France and myself got absolutly no answer on this (I contacted for example Mr Palmer at Onkyo USA for advices, I tried also to contact Onkyo Japan without success, I would simply like to be sure that somebody with technical knowledge of the unit knows the existence of the problem and answers to me on this.

Thks in advance,
Laurent</font>

K

Karnaa

Audiophyte
I have almost the same problem with losing the setting´s when the power in the house goes off...
Any idea???
Please!!!

Cheers
Mathias

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis