RBH Sound S-10 & S-12 Subwoofers Preview

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
RBH Sound revealed two new powered subwoofers the S-10 and S-12 as part of their new S-series of products. The S-10 and S-12 both incorporate RBH Sound’s proprietary aluminum cone technology in a 10" and 12" version. Both models utilize feature-laden, high-efficiency, class D amplifiers that facilitate easier installation and configuration with any audio system, regardless of the room or surround processor. These are value driven products providing consumers the legendary RBH Sound at more down to Earth prices with the S-10 retailing for $499 and the S-12 for $699.

Discuss "RBH Sound S-10 & S-12 Subwoofers Preview" here. Read the article.

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
The 12" might be a good deal if they offer it through EMP Tek

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
The 12" might be a good deal if they offer it through EMP Tek
They are actually working on a dual 10" similar to their 1010-SEP for EMP.

E

eddie

Junior Audioholic
I suspect its an update as I know they've been working on doing some revamps to their products.
That's good news as I know some have criticized their sub. I wonder if this means the dual 10 inch sub is out now?

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
That's good news as I know some have criticized their sub. I wonder if this means the dual 10 inch sub is out now?
Most of us criticising their sub, have never heard it or seen measurements :D ;)

But 10" sub is not really a great idea for most larger rooms if you want deep movie bass and high output - IMO. I'm sure the EMP 10i is a good sub for music.

The dual 10" sub has around the same surface area of a 13.5" driver. If it's linear throw and tuning work out, it should be a potent sub that more closely competes with internet direct stuff.

E

eddie

Junior Audioholic
Most of us criticising their sub, have never heard it or seen measurements :D ;)

But 10" sub is not really a great idea for most larger rooms if you want deep movie bass and high output - IMO. I'm sure the EMP 10i is a good sub for music.

The dual 10" sub has around the same surface area of a 13.5" driver. If it's linear throw and tuning work out, it should be a potent sub that more closely competes with internet direct stuff.
That sounds like all good news to me. I was thinking of doing a 2 channel rig for my small-ish sized living room and I think a dual 10 would be more than enough to fit the bill.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis