RBH SE or Klipsch Reference

U

Unregistered

I am looking at the RBH SE line (661se across the front and the 66se for the rears) as well as the Klipsch Reference (RF5 for L/R, RC7 center and RS7 rears). My concern is the 4ohm, 90db efficiency of the RBH models that I am looking at. I will be powering everything with a Carver 705x (125x5) and have concerns about being able to push them to theater levels in my system. Of course, the Klipsch Reference will not be a problem as efficient as they are but I prefer the smaller size of the RBH system.

I just added a SVS PB2-Plus subwoofer, and I just want to make absolutely sure that the rest of my system can keep up with the performance of the sub (the SVS is incredible, but my current speakers are nowhere near keeping up with its performance).

nova

nova

Full Audioholic
I run a pr. of 1266SE 88db sensitivity, one 661SE, and a pr. or 66SE with a Denon 3805. I have no problems reaching reference levels. I'd bet the Carver will push them better than the Denon,... so I'd say don't worry about it, go with the ones you like better.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis