Raspberry Pi 3 to Marantz SR 5010

S

surajkandukuri

Enthusiast
@all
I have raspberry pi3 loaded with OSMC connected to my sony bravia 50" tv and it was working fine with my yatse remote on my google nexus tab(for about 1 month). After my recent move to a bigger house with a dedicated theater room (equipment : marantz sr 5010 + sony 40es + sony blu-ray player).

I tried connecting raspberry pi3 to marantz sr 5010 using hdmi cable at Media Player , Blu Ray player ports but with no luck. My projector does not display any kind of welcome screen.

Do i need additional hardware to connect my raspberry pi 3 to marantz sr 5010 ? Redirecting me to the thread that talks about this particular handshake is also appreciated.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
@all
I have raspberry pi3 loaded with OSMC connected to my sony bravia 50" tv and it was working fine with my yatse remote on my google nexus tab(for about 1 month). After my recent move to a bigger house with a dedicated theater room (equipment : marantz sr 5010 + sony 40es + sony blu-ray player).

I tried connecting raspberry pi3 to marantz sr 5010 using hdmi cable at Media Player , Blu Ray player ports but with no luck. My projector does not display any kind of welcome screen.

Do i need additional hardware to connect my raspberry pi 3 to marantz sr 5010 ? Redirecting me to the thread that talks about this particular handshake is also appreciated.
Have you tried to connect the Pi to the projector or some other TV directly to be certain that it still works in that type of configuration? That would be the first thing I do for troubleshooting. If that doesn't work, then you know you have a problem on the Pi itself.

S

surajkandukuri

Enthusiast
Yes, I tried connecting it to tv(sony bravia) in my living room and it works fine.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Yes, I tried connecting it to tv(sony bravia) in my living room and it works fine.
OK.

Well, then I think the next thing that I would do would be to connect it directly to the PJ to be sure that works too.

If that works, then we are back to a handshake problem as a real possibility, and that can absolutely be one of the most frustrating problems of them all! May not be a good solution if that is the problem.

It may be worth checking the setup on the Marantz to see if it may be trying to do some video processing that is causing the issue. I guess that you are not getting audio at all either? Or can't get far enough along to test that? If no audio and no video, then that indeed suggests it may be handshake. If you get audio but no video, that suggests a config problem.

A workaround may be to use an HDMI to VGA adapter and plug VGA directly into the PJ. Those will also usually have a DAC for the audio stream, and I found that to be better than the onboard DAC on the Pi too. Note--You have to change some config files for the timing etc on the Pi to work with a VGA adapter (search Youtube).

Honestly, I think that you are better off posting in forums dedicated to the RPi rather than the AV forums.

But, if you get this worked out, please come back and post here for the resolution to the problem!

I have a Pi running Emulation Station on my DIY arcarde cabinet. I'm about to set up a Kodi streamer for my BR. Those are the B+ model. Then, I was thinking about picking up a Pi3 to set up a Emulation Station and Media streamer for the man cave.

S

surajkandukuri

Enthusiast
PJ is mounted to the ceiling which is 7' away from the av rack and was not even close to test the audio as the screen/receiver was not displaying anything.

Thats a good idea. Let me post it in RPi forums too.

Interesting project.

S

surajkandukuri

Enthusiast
Not Sure Why but I am able to get it working. Used a old 2gb usb thumb drive which i was not using.

Loaded OSMC in to the thumb drive by formatting it for raspberry pi3 and attached to the raspberry pi3.
:)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis