Race To Witch Mountain!!!!!

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Folks, I got the chance to see this film this past Saturday night. I hardly ever go in the evening, but I had a date! That is right, I actually had a date! :D:D Anyways, lets just say this film is NOT even worth a rental imho. :rolleyes::rolleyes: In short, my date was great, but the movie left much to be desired. :eek::eek::eek: In other words, I would not be in no hurry to see it. ;);) That should tell you something. Hence, throughout the movie the only feeling I had was to race out of the theater as it was so BORING!

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I freaking LOVE the original movie, but I couldn't tell you why. I was also a kid then :rolleyes: This one didn't really need a remake, but seemed like it might be a rental because The Rock is at least usually interesting, and I like the girl from Nim's Island - seems like a decent actress in the making. We probably won't see many new good movies until the summer flicks hit.

I guess congrats are in order for the date :D

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I freaking LOVE the original movie, but I couldn't tell you why. I was also a kid then :rolleyes: This one didn't really need a remake, but seemed like it might be a rental because The Rock is at least usually interesting, and I like the girl from Nim's Island - seems like a decent actress in the making. We probably won't see many new good movies until the summer flicks hit.

I guess congrats are in order for the date :D
Thanks John as the date went well. In fact, I have another already lined up w/her this coming weekend. ;);) I agree, the original was fantastic. Like you, I was a kid too when I first seen it. This one has the "right" ingredients per se, but just did not come together for some reason. :confused: However, the girl did a great job, but I just was not feeling it for some reason. The Rock aka Dwayne Johnson, was not very entertaining at all. Heck, he is the main reason I wanted to see it to begin with. :eek::eek: What a big disappointment imho. Thanks for sharing John. Hope all is well my friend.

Cheers,

Phil

I.Canton

I.Canton

Audioholic Intern
I absolutely loved the original film as a child, for no particular reason. I'll have to check out the remake, and hopefuly it doesn't "ruin" my image of the original.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
You do reaize this is supposed to be a kid's movie, don't you? :confused:

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I absolutely loved the original film as a child, for no particular reason. I'll have to check out the remake, and hopefuly it doesn't "ruin" my image of the original.
I loved the orginal as well. However, this one did not ruin it by any means. Perhaps, I was expecting more. Either way, it just was not very well done imho.

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
You do reaize this is supposed to be a kid's movie, don't you? :confused:
Sure, it was a kid's movie, but that does not mean it can't be good. For example, The Indian And The Cupboard was a kid's movie but was very well done. I still love that movie myself. Besides, the time we arrived at the theater there were only a few movies to choose from w/o waiting another hour or so. :p:p The next time I am in that predicament, I will gladly wait. ;)

Cheers,

Phil

J

JLMEMT

Junior Audioholic
Folks, I got the chance to see this film this past Saturday night. I hardly ever go in the evening, but I had a date! That is right, I actually had a date! :D Anyways, lets just say this film is NOT even worth a rental imho. :rolleyes::rolleyes: In short, my date was great, but the movie left much to be desired. :eek::eek::eek: In other words, I would not be in no hurry to see it. ;) That should tell you something. Hence, throughout the movie the only feeling I had was to race out of the theater as it was so BORING!

Cheers,

Phil

I am not sure this is a fair review. I think that you were preoccupied. ;)

I think that you need to go watch it again, by yourself, so that we may receive a honest review. :D

Congrats on a good date!

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I am not sure this is a fair review. I think that you were preoccupied. ;)

I think that you need to go watch it again, by yourself, so that we may receive a honest review. :D

Congrats on a good date!
LOL.............no, I was a good boy. :D:D After all, this was only my first date with her. However, the movie had all the right ingredients, but just did not deliver. On the bright side of things, dinner at Chili's was amazing! ;):);) Need I say expensive as well. :eek::eek:

CraigV

CraigV

Audioholic General
I really wonder how my kids (ages 12 & 10) are going to like this movie. They like Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson since seeing him in The Game Plan & Get Smart, and he is hosting The Kids Choice Awards on Nickelodeon. There seems to be something of a generation gap in recent movies, especially remakes & sequels. My kids saw the first Indiana Jones movie and thought it was OK. Then they saw the most recent one, and thought it was great, where I didn’t much care for it.
I’ve tried to get them to watch some classic 80’s movies, like Ghostbusters & Home Alone, but they seem very bored with these films. They did enjoy Journey To The Center Of The Earth, and prefer more recent versions of Herbie The Love Bug & The Shaggy Dog.
It almost seems that the pacing of the newer movies is faster than the old ones, and there’s more attention to special effects than the story or character or acting, as is evident in the Star Wars movies. Episodes 4, 5 + 6 were great films, 1,2 + 3…not so much. But, my kids like the whole series.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I really wonder how my kids (ages 12 & 10) are going to like this movie. They like Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson since seeing him in The Game Plan & Get Smart, and he is hosting The Kids Choice Awards on Nickelodeon. There seems to be something of a generation gap in recent movies, especially remakes & sequels. My kids saw the first Indiana Jones movie and thought it was OK. Then they saw the most recent one, and thought it was great, where I didn’t much care for it.
I’ve tried to get them to watch some classic 80’s movies, like Ghostbusters & Home Alone, but they seem very bored with these films. They did enjoy Journey To The Center Of The Earth, and prefer more recent versions of Herbie The Love Bug & The Shaggy Dog.
It almost seems that the pacing of the newer movies is faster than the old ones, and there’s more attention to special effects than the story or character or acting, as is evident in the Star Wars movies. Episodes 4, 5 + 6 were great films, 1,2 + 3…not so much. But, my kids like the whole series.
Hi Craig, your kids may like this one. I just thought Dwayne Johnson was not near as funny as he has been in the past. The girl in the movie did a great job, but the rest of the movie was flat. Things just did not come together as it did in the original. However, it sounds like your kids may find it more appealing. I also agree with you regarding the f/X and their significance. Appreciate your input.

Cheers,

Phil

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis