Quick! Set me up! Music player on Samsung S-3!

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I am leaving for Greece tomorrow evening. Just discovered that Pandora will not work over there (apparently not practical for Pandora to pay whatever licenses/usage fees required in Europe). Packing will keep me busy, so I need to do this efficiently!

I have music on computer with MusicBee and Samsung S3 phone with 32GB micro SD card.
What is a good media server for Android (I don't think I want to use the Samsung music player that came with it).
Can I just copy music files I want as MP3 to micro SD? Do they need to be in a particular folder?

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Media server, like a DLNA server? Surely not. If you're looking for a media player, Shuttle+ is pretty good. It downloads album art, lets you browse by artist, album, or song, and includes a 6-band EQ if you need it (although I'm not sure whether that's a feature specific to the DSP built into CyanogenMod or not).

You should be able to put your MP3s anywhere there isn't a .nomedia file, and Shuttle+ should be able to catalogue them. Download ES File Explorer just in case you need to do any housekeeping on your sd card from your phone.

Other notable apps: Soundcloud is nice when you get bored with your own music. Google Play Music offers a few free tracks every month. Freegal also lets you download music for free if you have a membership to a participating local municipal library.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Forum Fiend v1.3.1.

Last edited:
KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
You are right, media player is what I am after!

Perfect, and I really appreciate the EQ being integrated into the player. I have one BT speaker that is very handy and sounds really good, but it only sounds really good after I drop the mid treble by 1 dB.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis