Questions on CD changers

W

waynerm002

Audioholic Intern
Hi all, last night I took a chance and picked up a CD changer as the unit I wanted was not in stock. I got the Rotel RCC-1055, a 5 disc changer. I have never been a fan of changers and wanted to hear the experiences of those out there that have owned one. Reliability and such. If you are willing to share your experiences, post away.

O

outsider

Audioholic
the only negative I have found with changers vs. single disc players is the signal strength. All of the single disc players I have used sent a cleaner signal to the receiver than any of the changers I have tried.
Most likely the single disc players have higher quality internal components than the changers.
As for reliability, my GF has a Yamaha 5-disc carousel changer that is over 5 years old and my parents have a Pioneer 20 disc changer that is over 7 years old. Both still work great.

W

waynerm002

Audioholic Intern
I have to say, while this is a great sounding piece of equipment, I find it lacking in several areas. You can't power up/down the unit from the remote, there is no dimmer or off switch for the display, no headphone jack and a lot of the functions such as programming, scanning etc., are not available from the front panel. I have not seen the RCD-1072 up close but in picture that I have seen, it has several more control buttons on the front panel. If the remote were to get lost or damaged, which tend to happen over time, there would be no way to access the funtions availabe through the remote.

How many people here has the 1072 that can give me some info on the switches on the panel on that unit? I am going to take this unit back this weekend and see if I can get a 1072 from another store or order one.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis