Question about watts

R

riley3245

Enthusiast
LOL. Yes very full. That is why this renovation is a pain in the butt. I started this project 6 months ago and thought I would be done by now. The last bit of dry wall is going up next week and I just want to paint the wall and install the system so I can study and not worry about this stuff anymore.

Thanks for the well wishes. I'm going to need all I can get. I think the hardest part will be the wait. I think I have to wait 3 months for the results. If it's anything like law school I'm going to need a good system to relax.

Good news is I went to best buy to finish my purchase. Bad news is the only center channel speaker that fits the stand is the 5 inch model. I just hope it's ok since the other 4 speakers are 6 inch. I'm worried the 5 inch will be over powered. The only other option is to downgrade the whole system to 5 inch speakers. I was told it will be fine with 5 inch center and 6 inch left/right front and rear. I guess I'll find out.

HTfreak2004

HTfreak2004

Senior Audioholic
My paradigm cc570 centre channel has smaller 4 inch mid range driver and my studio 100s have 7 inch mid range driver. The bass drivers are the same 7 inches on all the speakers and the tweets are the same 1 inch. The power handling is less for the centre compared to the mains but the centre is more for dialog. As long as you set the speakers to small and choose an appropriate cross over point with your sub you will be fine. Just avoid using the bass and treble gains or channel volume gains and you will enjoy the sound better. Leave the real work to the sub. I have used my system both ways with all speakers set to large and set to small with thx 80 crossover from my Anthem AVM 20 ssp and I found the midrange became more even. I love paradigm but they should have 2 mid ranges with all those bass drivers. Anyway best of luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R

riley3245

Enthusiast
Thanks HT. I'm still so new to this that I need to decoded some of your comment, but I think I get the main point. LOL. I'm sure once I start fooling around with my set up I'll go through all the motions and catch up on my tech terms.

I'll try to remember to post some pics when I'm done. It will probably be basic compared to you guys, but maybe after you see it you can help me build on it.

Thanks again.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis