Question about connectors for RG59 twisted pair?

B

bchivers

Enthusiast
Just made a pair per Mr. Risch's method, I have a pair of Magnepan MG 12 Q/R 's and Magnepan recommends that you don't use connectors at the speakers. My question is , is it better to use connectors at the receiver (Marantz SR5300 ) or not. If yes than what are your recommendations for connectors?TIA.

We made and tested those style of cables. They did about as good as 12AWG zip cord so you should be all set. For the connector we recommend doing what is easiest for you. If you don't plan on ever swapping around the speakers then a direct connection may be perfect. As a reviewer I am all about banana connectors!

We are aware of no data (documented DBT listening tests or otherwise) that show an audible difference provided you make a nice solid connection.

B

bchivers

Enthusiast
Clint DeBoer.
Thank you for you input. It sounds like you think banana plugs are the way to go, which brand(s) do you think would be good for these cables?:) Thanks for the link to the article.

Resident Loser

Resident Loser

Senior Audioholic
I believe...

bchivers said:
Clint DeBoer.
Thank you for you input. It sounds like you think banana plugs are the way to go, which brand(s) do you think would be good for these cables?:) Thanks for the link to the article.
...you missed his point...

Clint DeBoer said:
...As a reviewer I am all about banana connectors!...
He needs to disconnect and reconnect repeatedly...bananas facilitate his needs...

jimHJJ(...otherwise a direct connection is fine and dandy...)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis