Q Acoustics 2050 floor standing speakers

D

Darren Buckner

Audiophyte
Hello fellow audioholics.

I have bought a pair of Q Acoustics 2050 floor standers and would like to find out if anyone else has them.
As far as i can explain so far they are a very nice speaker and seem to deliver the goods right out of the box(packaging)

They look very easy on the eye and do not invade the room with there large size and weight of a small car :)

Sound wise i am very pleased with them but i feel i would need to tweak the eq in certain areas as my system was set for bose classics....only question is what would be the threshold for the speaker before you go overkill on the eq?

i know small adj can make a big impact on eq so i am not one for over adjsusting.

Thoughts on this or anyone else who has these would be greatly welcomed

Pioneer vsx 1122k a/v amp
Q Acoustics 2050 floor standers front l and front r
Cambridge audio sx bookshelfs for sbr and sbl
Celestion truvox tf0510 for sl and sr
Bose center speaker

Darren

D

Darren Buckner

Audiophyte
Ok back with a review.

Hey Guys

After owning these for a week now i am glad to say that i am very happy with these speakers.
It was a weekend of movies and music and they have suited my setup very well.

As for the eq adj......a few tweeks in certain areas but mainly tone downs so they didnt sound to bright or shrill.
Bass settings was slightly increased and thats about it....all sound testing and eq adj was done in stereo to get a better understanding of how they sound as surround is ambient and cannot give a true judgement.

Ideal test music:
Pipe organ
Saxophone
Flea(rhcp)
Radiohead kid A album

Also i went with the 2x 2.5mm cable with banana plugs to give them the finishing touch.

Q Acoustics 2050 Features

Enclosure type: 2-way reflex

Bass Unit: 2 x 165mm

Treble Unit: 25mm

Frequency Response: 44Hz - 22kHz

Nominal Impedance: 6O

Minimum Impedance: 4O

Sensitivity: 92dB

Recommended Power: 25 - 150w

Crossover Frequency: 2.6kHz

Dimensions H/D/W mm: 1006 x 321 x 270

Weight: 21.0kg