Pythagoras Custom corner mount subwoofer

annunaki

annunaki

Up for sale is a custom subwoofer I crafted for one of my customers. He no longer has a need for it as we did a custom in-wall Theater system in his new home. I am selling this for him.

This is a dual passive radiator design with an Acoustic Elegance AV-12X Series driver at its core. The subwoofer was designed with an 18hz tune using the dual PR15-1400 passive radiators. The net enclosure volume is 3.0ft^3.

The dimensions of the enclosure are as follows:

Height - 52.5" including the feet
Width - 24" across the front baffle
Depth - 17" to the Apex of the triangle

The subwoofer models essentially flat down to it's 19hz -3db point at 108db anechoic with an upper -3db point of 101hz using a 2nd order highpass filter at 80hz. This will compete toe to toe with some of the best subs on the market, especially once in-room and matched to the room.

The enclosure is highly braced MDF with a gloss black finish.

The subwoofer includes an outboard 500 watt BASH plate amplifier.

Local pickup is ideal here with my customer's zip code of 54915.

My customer is asking $850.

Here are some pictures for reference. Build photos are available in my signature.

Last edited:
annunaki

annunaki

I know it is a unique product, still no interest :(??

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I think that sub is fantastic! I just don't have a need for it.

Can you compare the performance against some of the other more well known offerings that are out there in that price range? That might help folks out.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Oh I'm interested ... just tapped. :eek:

That sub is ideal for it's small foot print and out of the way placement ... not to mention capability ... and outstanding finish.

annunaki

annunaki

I think that sub is fantastic! I just don't have a need for it.

Can you compare the performance against some of the other more well known offerings that are out there in that price range? That might help folks out.
Hi Adam, in terms of performance it will be on par or better than many of the well known 12" vented subwoofers in the marketplace ID as well as B&M. I am not aware of many subs out there that are capable of achieving a -3db point of 19hz and doing so in just 3.0ft^3 at 108db (anechoic simulated). That level of performance is reserved for upper echelon subwoofers. The high quality driver and unique passive radiators are what make it possible.

Thanks!

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Having compared my av12x ported against some very highly regarded ID deisgns...it certainly held its own...AAMOF it...exceeded my expectations one thing for sure.... all subs don't sound alike especially with music;). The av12x alone costs ~$300.00+ and was a very coveted driver...if you include the PR's,amp & all building materials & labor the asking price is very fair...IMHO...:)

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
This sub certainly has great performance is absolutely beautiful to boot. Anyone looking for a new sub should pick this first IMO.

annunaki

annunaki

Got an update from my customer and he is willing to come down some. I had one PM from an interested party and want to give them a chance to respond before I put up the lower price. Stay tuned, new pricing tomorrow if it goes unaccepted...

annunaki

annunaki

My customer is now willing to accept $850.00 for this sub. Definitely a very good value.
L

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
That sub built and designed the way it is - is AMAZING....

Different layout from what was at my GTG, 12" instead of 15" driver but I couldn't believe how much output it had as well as SQ next to the likes of the F112 and LMS sub...

I was blown away, and if I was smart - I would have built 3 of those in leu of my Dual Opposed LMS's...

$850 is a fantastic deal for something such as being offered here...

Buy with confidence from annunaki - he is a fantastic guy and reputable forum member for years here.

annunaki

annunaki

Still no takers price is $850 and updated original post

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis