Pyle PT260A mysteriously stopped working

K

Kyle_1988

Audiophyte
Hello everyone, I'm hoping I can get some help here.

My home theater system has worked just fine for the last 4 years. I have a Pyle Pro PT260A audio receiver hooked up to a DVD player, a CD player, and some speakers. Just yesterday we sat down to watch a movie and no sound would come out. We checked all the connections and everything was still plugged in. We tried turning everything on and off. We tried muting and unmuting it. We tried switching between channels. We tried all the buttons. We tried the CD player too and still got no sound, so we know the problem isn't the DVD player. Is there any reason the sound would suddenly stop working, and is there anything we can do about it?

Thank you in advance for your help!

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
Man that sucks.

If it turns on, but, you get no sound, it could be any of many problems. IMO, your best bet is to call Pyle for advise or take it to a local electronics repair shop.

It might turn out that the cost to ship to Pyle or get a diagnosis from the electronics repair shop is not worth it.

Looking at the Pyle published specs, they're shockingly poor for the price. If you end up replacing it, try the local Craigslist for receivers in the $50-100 range and you will get something much much better.

K

Kyle_1988

Audiophyte
Thank you kindly! I emailed Pyle support and they were unhelpful.

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
Thank you kindly! I emailed Pyle support and they were unhelpful.
Sometimes the processor inside freezes and needs to be reset. I can't find exact instructions to do this. Let's try disconnecting the power for 30 minutes.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis