Putting together an Energy Reference package. Help.

S

Smoothmids

Audiophyte
Hi. I decided to pick up the Energy RC-30 and the RC-LCR center. But I'm stuck on surround.

I don't have a lot of space and wanted to go with something small. I originally wanted to go with a 2.1 system but I think I can manage small speakers on stands.

RC-R
RC-10
RC-mini

I thought the RC-10 sounded the best but it's too much money for me as the center channel is going to be expensive and I want a good balance from the front. My brother told me that surrounds aren't as important as the center channel.

Would the RC minis be a good fit? My receiver is a Yamaha 6060. And I don't plan on blasting the volume or I'll be kicked out. :cool:

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Hi. I decided to pick up the Energy RC-30 and the RC-LCR center. But I'm stuck on surround.

I don't have a lot of space and wanted to go with something small. I originally wanted to go with a 2.1 system but I think I can manage small speakers on stands.

RC-R
RC-10
RC-mini

I thought the RC-10 sounded the best but it's too much money for me as the center channel is going to be expensive and I want a good balance from the front. My brother told me that surrounds aren't as important as the center channel.

Would the RC minis be a good fit? My receiver is a Yamaha 6060. And I don't plan on blasting the volume or I'll be kicked out. :cool:
Nice speaker set up!:D I found out the other day that future shop will be selling the Energy RC's and IMO just wait a bit for the price drop and/or sale prices!! These prices still look like the MSRP.
http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/subclass.asp?catid=10552&mfr=&logon=&langid=EN&MSCSProfile=3C79F0C7EA3162B2F284847AD36A6DE61CEB45A1741DF9921573DEF2F56651D25156585E91F47BFF3003F300581636150CB91B63FAC43F3132D4013457AB60D49B654FB55CD179873936720560D248ED46F167BE4253424DD764F274C4169857F2E43CCCC6220CD92F8C4E4A59BA4EDB3772DFDCCFB3D5B7&sort=0&page=0&list=

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Holy ****! Wow, now there is a local dealer for Energy again! I can pick up my surrounds! This is the best news I've received in a while! Chicklet for you Sir!

SheepStar

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Heh

Holy ****! Wow, now there is a local dealer for Energy again! I can pick up my surrounds! This is the best news I've received in a while! Chicklet for you Sir!

SheepStar
I know! The energy owners at AVS where in the dumps because of the Klipsch takeover and their restructuring and downsizing of API. Then, someone posted a similar link and let me tell you, I was floored :eek:. It appears Klipsch is in this to make money and no better way, then to have future shop buy in bulk and pass the saving hopefully on to us(JUST WAIT FOR THE SALES:D). Increasing Energy's & Mirage's profile in the States won't hurt their bottom line either, if they decide to use larger retailers and do away with ID's like Audio Advisor and Audioexcellence.
Anyways, thanks for the chicklet:).

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
I know! The energy owners at AVS where in the dumps because of the Klipsch takeover and their restructuring and downsizing of API. Then, someone posted a similar link and let me tell you, I was floored :eek:. It appears Klipsch is in this to make money and no better way, then to have future shop buy in bulk and pass the saving hopefully on to us(JUST WAIT FOR THE SALES:D). Increasing Energy's & Mirage's profile in the States won't hurt their bottom line either, if they decide to use larger retailers and do away with ID's like Audio Advisor and Audioexcellence.
Anyways, thanks for the chicklet:).
I went down to my local FS. This is great, now I can finally finish my system and be done with it until I buy a new sub (which ain't happening for a LONG *** TIME).

SheepStar

S

Smoothmids

Audiophyte
Sheep, sent you a PM. Would appreciate a response. Thanks. :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis