pulling the trigger Aperion Verus - am I making mistake???

J

jnboone

Junior Audioholic
Been looking at new speakers and sub for over a year. Wanted to buy the Aperion Verus Grand BS, Center, and Towers for 5.1. 20% off is making me want to pull the trigger now. Before I do I'm asking if there is anything else I should stop and consider before I do. Will be pairing with SVS PB Ultra 13. 50/50 music/HT. Will probably wait on new AV offering from Yamaha. Was planning on 2030 and Emotiva XPA-5, but can wait. Only big loss immediately is no room correction. Can wait on those, but speakers and sub will take me a very long way. Also, can I go wrong with Blue Jean cables? Different cable for sub? Thanks!

Last edited:
H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
Been looking at new speakers and sub for over a year. Wanted to buy the Aperion Verus Grand BS, Center, and Towers for 5.1. 20% off is making me want to pull the trigger now. Before I do I'm asking if there is anything else I should stop and consider before I do. Will be pairing with SVS PB Ultra 13. 50/50 music/HT. Will probably wait on new AV offering from Yamaha. Was planning on 2030 and Emotiva XPA-5, but can wait. Only big loss immediately is no room correction. Can wait on those, but speakers and sub will take me a very long way. Also, can I go wrong with Blue Jean cables? Different cable for sub? Thanks!
In my limited experience, it will be a mighty fine system. I have some of the same stuff, and am COMPLETELY satisfied.
I have the Denon X4000 which does have great room correction... and I use it.
I also have:
4x Aperion Grand Towers & Aperion Grand Center
SVS PB13-Ultra
Emotiva XPA-5
Blue Jean Cables

By "Aperion Grand BS", I suppose you mean Bookshelf for your surrounds. Although I have Grand Towers for fronts and surrounds, honestly they are overkill for surrounds. There is so little that comes from the surrounds compared to the fronts, I think the Bookshelfs will be MORE than good. (It cost me $1500 to learn that.)

I think you will be thrilled!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis