PSA S1500 vs. Rythmik F15HP

Roen

Roen

Audioholic
Well that all depends on how high the X-over is set. Of course, that issue applies to both front and/or down-firing subs. That is, the higher the X-over the more localized it becomes depending on the room/placement.

Cheers,

Phil
I get that, I was wondering more on front vs down, specifically, all else being equal, but I think I've gotten my answer already.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I get that, I was wondering more on front vs down, specifically, all else being equal, but I think I've gotten my answer already.
Roen, with sealed subs there would be little difference all things being equal. However, not sure about vented subs. I do know orientating the ports to fire out of the bottom on a down-firing sub significantly reduces distortion. I think a lot also depends on placement and/or orientation of the ports.

Cheers,

Phil

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
FWIW, probably the most relevant difference between down-firing vs front-firing is where the acoustic center of the sub is located. IME (and others like Josh Ricci), having the acoustic center closer to the rear wall helps to eliminate room interactions related to the Allison effect (basically pushes the effect above the bandwidth of the sub). Of course, you can do like Josh and face the woofer towards the wall as well.

Roen

Roen

Audioholic
I just thought of something.

I'm able to cross at 80 Hz more seamlessly with the F15HP-SE, compared to the S1500.

With the S1500, sometimes 80 Hz would be a bit boomy and I'd have to play with the gain, and 60 Hz would be cleaner, but not impactful at times. 80 Hz on the Rythmik is both cleaner and more impactful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis