PSA S1500 vs. Rythmik F15HP

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Semi-related: Brian Ding of Rythmik is planning on bringing his new F28 dual 18" subwoofer to a GTG in DFW on 10/21 :)

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Semi-related: Brian Ding of Rythmik is planning on bringing his new F28 dual 18" subwoofer to a GTG in DFW on 10/21 :)
I am sure Enrico will be there as well. It will take the both of them, and possibly a few others, to move it.....LOL!!! No really, looking forward to seeing what Brian does this time. It is bound to be awesome!

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
You bought two 15" subs for a 1440'^3 apartment? Wow Phil. I'll bet that didn't last too long! lol
Pogre came across these today. As such, thought that I would post a few:

upload_2017-9-8_16-30-28.png

upload_2017-9-8_16-35-50.png

upload_2017-9-8_16-34-42.png

Cheers,

Phil

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Those are the 530's you had, right? That's a very nice looking setup! I've no doubt it sounded awesome.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Those are the 530's you had, right? That's a very nice looking setup! I've no doubt it sounded awesome.
Yes, those were the 530's. It really did sound fantastic! Just so much fun. As I have mentioned many times, selling the 530's off is the BIGGEST mistake that I have ever made in this hobby. But, as you know they went to a good home! :):):) So, did the dual S1500's......LOL!!!!!!

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
3.2 or do you have surrounds?
Yes, just 3.2. never been too interested in surrounds as HT is not my thing. Granted, if I were in a larger space, then HT would be a bit more interesting to me. I am merely all 2 CH now. Honestly, pretty much have been all along. I am all about my music! :):):)

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Here are a few more Pogre that you may find interesting:

upload_2017-9-8_17-36-16.png

upload_2017-9-8_17-37-25.png

upload_2017-9-8_17-38-18.png

upload_2017-9-8_17-39-17.png

upload_2017-9-8_17-39-56.png

upload_2017-9-8_17-40-38.png

upload_2017-9-8_17-41-17.png

upload_2017-9-8_17-42-12.png

upload_2017-9-8_17-42-56.png

upload_2017-9-8_17-43-38.png

Cheers,

Phil

Roen

Roen

Audioholic
I find the chocolate quite interesting

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I find the chocolate quite interesting

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yeah, I sell them for my Philippine sister. She is always thinking of easy ways to make a buck or two. I actually, do not eat much of it b/c I am a diabetic. Will eat one every now and then. My Philippine sister wears Sam's club out.......LOL!!!!! :):):)

Cheers,

Phil

Roen

Roen

Audioholic
Oh wow! Very impressive! Not sure what is better the view you have OR the Rythmik. Love the looks of that driver! I also agree that the S1500 is also an impressive sub. But, for the money I do think the Hsu ULS 15 MK2 is a better price/performance value than the S1500. In the less than $900 range and /or less than $800 range B-stock there is nothing out there that can touch it inmho. If there is, I would certainly like to know about it. Congrats on your new toy! :):):)

Cheers,

Phil
I would agree with this , but caveat this by saying,

if your budget is 800, B-Stock ULS
if your budget is 900, B-Stock S1500 over the ULS
if your budget is 1000, S1500.

However, value for money probably does go to the ULS for being able to deliver next to what the S1500 can for $100 less.

But then, would you pick the ULS over the 15S?

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I would agree with this , but caveat this by saying,

if your budget is 800, B-Stock ULS
if your budget is 900, B-Stock S1500 over the ULS
if your budget is 1000, S1500.

However, value for money probably does go to the ULS for being able to deliver next to what the S1500 can for $100 less.

But then, would you pick the ULS over the 15S?
Yes Roen, that is about right. However, if I had a budget of $1K, then I would look at the sealed 18" kit from PE that Shady posted previously. That looks to be a BIG bang for your buck literally speaking. As far as the 15S is concerned, I have no direct experience with it. So, it is really hard to tell. But, chances are real good that I would opt for the ULS 15 MK2 b/c I am not overly fond of a down-firing sub. Hence, not a good mix if living in an apartment. :):):)

Cheers,

Phil

Roen

Roen

Audioholic
I've never owned one, so what is the sonic difference between a down-firing vs. a front-firing?

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I've never owned one, so what is the sonic difference between a down-firing vs. a front-firing?
Seems like every time that I owned a down-firing sub, it only got me into trouble. Living in an apartment on the 2nd floor leaves much to be desired. Not to mention, the apartment manager lives directly below me. When I owned the Mirage S10 and/or S12, neighbors were always calling the police on me. Locally, we have a noise ordinance and have had to pay fines a few times. The thing is, however, I never played my sub very early of the morning and/or late at night. As such, I tried to be mindful of my neighbors. :):):)

Cheers,

Phil

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Seems like every time that I owned a down-firing sub, it only got me into trouble. Living in an apartment on the 2nd floor leaves much to be desired. Not to mention, the apartment manager lives directly below me. When I owned the Mirage S10 and/or S12, neighbors were always calling the police on me. Locally, we have a noise ordinance and have had to pay fines a few times. The thing is, however, I never played my sub very early of the morning and/or late at night. As such, I tried to be mindful of my neighbors. :):):)

Cheers,

Phil
Called the cops? You're outta control! :p That's pretty douchey when they coulda just knocked on your door. Not very neighborly.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Called the cops? You're outta control! :p That's pretty douchey when they coulda just knocked on your door. Not very neighborly.
Yeah, that was a good while ago when I lived in a different place. Ever since then, I have tried to be overly mindful of said neighbors. Really don't listen at absurd levels anyways. But, have been known to rock out some here and there. Especially, when the apartment manager is gone. Sad part is, however, she rarely leaves for very long. That is why I prefer not to use a sub. :):):)

Cheers,

Phil

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
No localization issues between a down-firing vs. a front-firing?
None that I've ever encountered. With the exception of a poor design, or deployment I believe the consensus between builders is also the same. No difference.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
No localization issues between a down-firing vs. a front-firing?
Well that all depends on how high the X-over is set. Of course, that issue applies to both front and/or down-firing subs. That is, the higher the X-over the more localized it becomes depending on the room/placement.

Cheers,

Phil

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis