PS3 With Front Projector?

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I'm posting this in the Projector forum as well, since I'm not sure which one is most appropriate.

Does anybody out there have such a setup? The wife and I are considering a PS3 Move system to (hopefully) ease the pain our daughter will go through when we tell her that we are not going to get a dog.

I've been doing some research and the little I've been able to dig up, indicates that the camera needs to be out of the projector's beam (makes sense). Best results are achieved with the camera about shoulder height, but if I place the camera above the screen, it'll be 6 1/2' high. We would be standing about 18' - 20' from the screen (104"). We wouldn't be able to get any closer, because of the couch and desk. Standing in front of the couch would put us in the projector's light path.

So, that position raises some questions:

Anybody know if that camera angle is OK? And, is 18' -20' too far from the camera? Plus, even if the camera is out of the direct path of the PJ's light beam, it will have to "see through" that beam to pick up our bodies and the controllers. Is that a problem?

If the answer to any of those questions is "yes", what about getting a longer USB cable and placing the camera on a tripod under the projector, which is ceiling mounted? I'm really not in favour of such a setup, because having to set up the camera every time we want to play a "Move" game, leads me to believe that we wouldn't use that feature much. We would still have the issue of distance from the screen as well.

I may be talking myself out of the "Move" setup already...

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis