PS3 and Panasonic VT30 3D not working

Crackerballer

Crackerballer

Senior Audioholic
I can't get my PS3 and VT30 65" to play nice. I have the original 60gb PS3, firmware 3.66, and I have been through the settings to get it to automatically detect my settings, but it never gives me the option for 3D and selecting my screen size. I have tried it with both the 3D on and off on the Panny. Any help?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Have you tried using the custom settings instead of automatic ("Display Settings > Video Output Settings > HDMI > Custom")? That might let you set it up for 3D yourself.

Also, is the firmware up to date on your Panny?

T

trnqk7

Full Audioholic
I had an issue with this as well with my new Samsung. I ended up having to have the tv turned on and the ps3 on. Then hold down the power button on ps3 until it turned off and came back on. Once it did that, it worked. Something about it remembering the old tv (which wasn't 3d capable) and it's settings. I believe there is a thread in avs forum, but I don't have the link anymore since I closed the page and didn't bookmark it after I fixed my issue. But look it up, it might solve your problem.

Crackerballer

Crackerballer

Senior Audioholic
Sorry guys I should have given more detail. Trying to watch 3D movies, and I tried both manual and auto display setup. I will try what you said trnqk7, as the error I get from the PS3 suggest exactly the problem you're alluding to. I'll be sure to post what the fix is when I find it out.

Crackerballer

Crackerballer

Senior Audioholic
Thank you trnqk7.

For future reference, here is all I had to do:
I turned the PS3 off
turned the TV on
hooked the PS3 up to a HDMI running directly to the TV, NOT THROUGH THE RECEIVER!
Boom, picked it right up, asked my screen size, and I was off and running.

Thanks guys, the picture in 3D on this VT30 is incredible.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
...NOT THROUGH THE RECEIVER!
Ahhh...I didn't think to ask if you were routing it through there. Does that Denon even support 3D video? I don't see that anywhere on the product page or in the manual.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Ahhh...I didn't think to ask if you were routing it through there. Does that Denon even support 3D video? I don't see that anywhere on the product page or in the manual.
Great point..
It's a bit hard to find, but then I did look it says "HDMI Version 1.1"
Sorry - no 3d for you asfaras AVR goes

Crackerballer

Crackerballer

Senior Audioholic
Yea not through my Denon, so I can just run the HDMI straight to the TV and then do optical audio. It will work until I upgrade my receiver.

T

trnqk7

Full Audioholic
That's the same situation I had essentially, I have the Denon 2807 and although it is a great receiver, it's getting a bit long in the tooth for some of these things. I hadn't seen where you said you were going through the receiver either, sorry I didn't pay attention enough to your signature.

Crackerballer

Crackerballer

Senior Audioholic
No problem guys, I should have known it was the receiver. Maybe it's time for that 3311CI.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis