Pros and Cons of the PS4 and Xbox One

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Speaking of firmware updates there should be one rolling out in the next 24 hours. Update 1.60.
Really? Better DVD playback was a big part of the update? USELESS. I didn't poke around the menus to see if anything they did was obvious, but yeah.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Really? Better DVD playback was a big part of the update? USELESS. I didn't poke around the menus to see if anything they did was obvious, but yeah.
Yeah, it really ended up being a useless update. In the description it said something about improved DVD playback and wireless headset support.

For the Xbox One owners there is supposed to be a big firmware update perhaps sometime this week which includes improved voice control fluidity (learning specific pronunciations of an individuals voice over time), changes to the chat and party system, direct control to manage content and downloads, battery life indicator on the home screen and a software update to the Xbox One controller.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Now that I am playing Tomb Raider Definitive, it has voice control for all secondary commands (map, pause, continue, etc...). Interesting, but not sure if I like that idea... I do like that it is the first game that utilizes the speaker on the controller well to add nice effect - it plays various signal cues, some vocals and ambient sounds that add to the surround effect in a nice way. They also did some goofy things too though, like when you have a torch lit, it flickers red/orange to simulate the torch fire. At least they're being creative.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
For the Xbox One owners there is supposed to be a big firmware update perhaps sometime this week which includes improved voice control fluidity (learning specific pronunciations of an individuals voice over time)
I hope this works. I find the Kinect works for me about 60-70% of the time. It so annoying to try go back to the home screen, sitting there saying, "Xbox go home. Xbox go home. XBOX GO HOME!!!!" My wife is like, "Stop yelling at the thing."

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
I hope this works. I find the Kinect works for me about 60-70% of the time. It so annoying to try go back to the home screen, sitting there saying, "Xbox go home. Xbox go home. XBOX GO HOME!!!!" My wife is like, "Stop yelling at the thing."
You can try the command Xbox Home (no go) which is also recognized by Kinect to get to the home screen. I pinned down any of my issues with the Kinect voice control when other humans are talking in the room at the same time I am giving it commands (voices or any sound from the stereo doesn't seem to effect the accuracy). Otherwise I find it works great.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
1.70 added a bunch of stuff, but the one that appears to be the most useful to me so far is the ability to set the brightness level of the PS4 controller :D

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
1.70 added a bunch of stuff, but the one that appears to be the most useful to me so far is the ability to set the brightness level of the PS4 controller :D
+1

According to one website that ran tests running the lit dimmed to the lowest setting it also increased the battery life by something like 11%.

Currently playing MLB 14 The Show right on the PS4 and it kicks major ***.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Since setting the dimmer to the lowest setting I can definitely tell the controller lasts noticeably longer. Still not quite long enough, but at least an improvement.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis